Oil light?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Oil light? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hello, my oil light comes on now. I checked the level it is fine. It only comes on at idle ...
    KAW62 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Oil light?

Hello, my oil light comes on now. I checked the level it is fine. It only comes on at idle when warm. I did a search and found tons of the same problem. I don't think it is a pressure problem as the engine runs great and no knocks ticks or anything. I am going to replace the sensor above the filter but need some info on how to remove it. I can't see it clearly because of the mount.
    How does the wire connect to the sensor? What type of sealant to use on new sensor? How tight? Car is 97 Deville with 130K. Thank-you, Nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

#1backyard mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9

Re: Oil light?

I Would Say Sensor Also. Usually See A Red Ring In The New Sensors Threads. That's The Sealant. Draw It Up Snug & Give A Extra Few More Tightening Turns. Idling Too Low Could Do This Too. Click It Up Into Neutral & See If It Goes Out. If It Does Increase Idle A Bit

#1backyard mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville 4.9

The Wire Should Just Push On To The Tip Of The Sensor. If You Can Get A Oil Sensor Socket On It, Try That With A Extension & Rachet. They Sell Them At The Auto Store. Pliers Or Channel Locks, Which Ever You Can Reach It With

Thank-you. I ordered it yesterday and I am going to pick it up today. $9.10. I am going to remove the filter first to let the line drain first. The connection is just push/pull? I wonder if it loosened up a little over the years and needs to be cleaned. Thank-you for your help. Nick

Hello, I just wanted to say thank-you for the assistance. I replaced the sender 3 days ago. No more light. Once I got it out I noticed oil in the connection side. The diaphram/seal let loose. Hopefully this is the fix for a small oil leak I had. Nick

EcSTSatic is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Good deal.
    Just FYI - I usually put some teflon tape or other thread sealer on to prevent leaks.

I do use teflon tape, in this case the new sender came with sealer on the threads so I didn't use anything. Nick

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.