2002 Northstar WOT, performance brakes, CORSA ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 2002 Northstar WOT, performance brakes, CORSA ? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey I know it's good to do WOT runs for my North Star but is it bad if I run ...
    willmccown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS

2002 Northstar WOT, performance brakes, CORSA ?

Hey I know it's good to do WOT runs for my North Star but is it bad if I run the hell outa it all the time
    Also I'm thinking about puting new brakes on would useing preformance quality brakes mess with the loss sls suspension and not be able to handl it

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: How many of us have used studs from Northstar Performance ?

The Northstar engine was born to RUN: But there is a difference between using an engine to its design limits and abuse.

"performance" brake rotors and pads are a perfectly legitimate upgrade for someone who frequently drives the car to its potential. An SLS is the luxury cruiser side of the Seville series, so "performance brakes" is an oxymoron - EXCEPT for the Japanese/EURO W-rated SLS monsters. (We have a new SLS owner in Europe that regularly cruises his 2000 SLS at 120 mph for hours.)

Because your U.S. SLS is speed limited to 112 mph and is not really set up for screaming in the back road twisties, the AC Delco service brakes are perfectly adequate for 99% of your braking needs.

Oh ok thanks could you tell what u mean by abuse so I make sure not to ?

04GrandAmGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 04 Grand Am GT,07 Cobalt(Dont Judge,My fuel Saver)

Re: 2002 Northstar WOT and performance brakes

Abuse is abuse - i can punch you, its going to hurt a bit but you will get over it, if i punch you and punch you and dont stop, your heart could stop, same idea.

though i dont think there has been one day where which ever car im driving didnt see WOT. though its not everywhere and every chance i get.
    Replacing the Head Gaskets on a Northstar? Use our SureGrip Cylinder Head Stud Kit!

http://www.northstarperformance.com/sgstuds.php

Patent # 8,740,532, Other Patents Pending

Oh aight I get it now thanks
    04GrandAmGT likes this.

Hey I'm wondering if I should save up for a corsa exaust but I want to know how easy it would be to instale or would I need to go to a shop to get it done and how dose it sound ?

Re: 2002 Northstar WOT, performance brakes, CORSA ?

With a lift, normal shop tools and a good eyeball you can do it. As always, measure twice, cut once - and follow the instructions exactly. Most royal screw-ups on a CORSA install occur when the installer tries to wing it. For an amateur it takes 2 hours with proper tools. I would recommend the $75 cost to have a decent exhaust shop do it.

Open this link and scroll down 2 pages past the STOP sign:
    http://www.corsaperformance.com/medi...ll/INS5011.pdf

You must remove the after-cat O2 sensor and re-install it in the new resonator pipe - be careful.

The system 'sound' has a low rumble at idle, is pretty quiet around town and on the highway but during a WOT run to redline it will wake the dead. There's not a baffle in it anywhere - it's all straight pipe with various sized holes/slots in the pipes inside the resonator and muffler cases.

The system will NOT gain you any fuel mileage. There is a small power gain up in the RPM band at WOT - otherwise nothing under driving conditions either. Your SLS VIN Y engine is not set up to be a drag queen anyway, so the CORSA is for warm and fuzzy only.

The system uses the original rubber isolation hangers. If, after install, it tends to walk to one side or the other due to slight muffler misalignment you can center the system in the muffler hanger rods and place small (fuel line size) band clamps on the hanger rods on either side of the rubber cookie - the system won't walk again.

Find the thread in Seville titled "Vroom Vroom". It contains before and after dyno runs on a 2001 STS. 125 posts, last one was 10 February 14. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...orsa-dyno.html

P/N 14150. About $1300 or so. Mine is now 7.5 years old and not a speck of rust. Find a dealer in www.corsaperformance.com
    Attached Images

Ok thanks what do you think about flow master for it ? I know probly not as good but a heck of a lot cheaper

Lots of owners go that way.

Hey I ment to ask we got the radiator replaced probly bout 8 months ago now but after 6 month the coolant was low but I couldent find a leak any where nd I'm pretty sure it ant a internal leak but I filled it up with dex cool all the way nd It hasent leaked any more but befor I put more in their I could smell a little bit a coolant

If you filled it "all the way" its overfilled. Please look at your surge tank for the FULL COLD legend and flat arrow molded into the tank top.

Overfilled means the engine will now blow off coolant as necessary to maintain the required airspace over the coolant in the surge tank.

Coolant level is checked and adjusted COLD, never warm or hot. Study the sticky posts just above this to find out why. You might also want to study the entire Cadillac Technical Archive way up ^^^ in the top black bar.

By all the way I ment to the mark sorry
    Yea I checked it after it cooled off it said low coolant on the dash so I just thought I was on a slope or somethin but I waited bout 4 hours I know that ant a long time for it to cool off but oh well nd it was low but now it ant givein me no problems so I'm just confused

The coolant in the entire system - 3 gallons or so - expands and contracts a LOT during warmup - cooldown. If you replaced system parts a while ago it's possible that all the air is now purged from the system, coolant level in the surge tank dropped low enough to trip the level warning. You brought the level up to proper height - the sensor turned off the DIC warning.

If you smell coolant at each under hood check, there's a slow leak/weep somewhere. Time to go to work with a good flashlight or drop light and look for wet/damp spots.

Yea the problem is is that when it said it was low I would smell coolant but now that I filled it up it don't smell nd I look every day nd I c is oil no coolant
    The O ring is starting to brake on the oil pan but I don't have I think that wanted 1200 to fix it so just puting more oil in is cheaper now It is leaking to bad

Want do you think are best spark plugs for my sls ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.