Hard Starting STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Hard Starting STS in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I recently bought a 99 STS with 67k miles. I have noticed that under certain conditions the car is somewhat ...
    leveespector is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Hard Starting STS

I recently bought a 99 STS with 67k miles. I have noticed that under certain conditions the car is somewhat hard to start.

For example, if you turn it off and run into the mall or grocery for half an hour or so - the car is hard to start when you come back out.

It starts fine first thing in the morning and if it has only been shut off for 2 or 3 minutes. But - if you don't hold the key long enough and dont "allow" the car to start, then it is harder to start on the second try.

Make sense?

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Hard Starting STS

Welcome to the forums, thanks for signing up

I think its a clogged fuel filter..... IF it hasnt been replaced within the last year or so (or within 20k miles) its probably clogged up.... My car had a similar problem (under the previous owner) and a new filter fixed it, only having to replace the pump later due to the clogged filter burning it up!!!

Id replace the filter and go from there (its cheap and easy, and a good idea also!)

maydog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Search for discussions regarding the fuel pressure regulator.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Yes.... I keep forgetting that little thing.... It is somewhat troublesome for the Northstar!!!

lido is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    Yes.... I keep forgetting that little thing.... It is somewhat troublesome for the Northstar!!!
    Try the Fuel Pressure Regulator.It fixed mine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.