A glitch or my imagination?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, A glitch or my imagination? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; For the last couple of weeks, I *think* my STS has been having very short glitches while driving at a ...
    the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR

A glitch or my imagination?

For the last couple of weeks, I *think* my STS has been having very short glitches while driving at a steady speed with the cruise control on. It's not a miss, and it's very short - half a second maybe, a "fluctuation in the force". I could be imagining it. It seems to happen every few minutes, especially if I start up or down an incline. There's no Check Engine light, and it seems to run fine most of the time. The only other thing I've noticed is less mileage - 22-23 mpg at cruise compared to like 28-30 in the 2 loaner DeVilles I've had recently, at similar speeds.

Can anyone think of an explanation? Am I just crazy? I know the dealer would just say "could not duplicate customer's concern".

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AKPsiMC03 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    pull a spark plug and see how it looks. I know its a new car. But even new cars can foul a plug under the right condition.

I only say this because it sounds like a prob my ETC had, then it got worse. It ended up being old spark plugs that were worn out, coroded, and gapped too high.

Still think I feel the "glitch". I just checked the computer for codes and came up with 5, all "History". They are:

DDM U1713, U1715
    MSM B1850, U1000
    TTM U1016

I'm gonn search for clues online - anyone know what they mean?

LymanSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Your dealer should be able to hook up a diagnostic computer and watch for misfires. It should be no problem to detect a miss, provided they actually take the time to do it. You might also be able to get them to tell you what those codes mean if you stop in, or call up on the phone and ask real nicely

Scott

The codes all seem to refer to the problem I had with the memory seats/mirrors/steering wheel - DDM is Driver's door module, MSM is Memory seat module, and TTM is Tilt/Telescope module.

I'll be taking it in to the dealer soon for an oil change - I'll discuss the miss with them then.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.