Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Help! I have a 1997 Concours(traction c) I would love to know where this wire goes?? in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Hi , I have had some great help from this Forum on my engine replacement. Thanks! Now it is running ...
- 11-16-03 08:53 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2003
Help! I have a 1997 Concours(traction c) I would love to know where this wire goes??
Hi , I have had some great help from this Forum on my engine replacement. Thanks! Now it is running great but, I could not remember where this wire goes. It is a whip ,about 4 foot long(two wires blue and yellow, covered with black wire mold,that come out of the main anti-lock brake harness (located in front left lower side of engine compartment) I beleive it is for traction control, but not sure? I have looked at both front wheel senors and they seemed to be pluged in. thanks for your help! jim g
- 11-17-03 08:48 PM #2Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2003
- Richmond Va.
Re: Help! I have a 1997 Concours(traction c) I would love to know where this wire goes??Originally Posted by jimg
1. this wire could go to the right cooling fan but i dont think this is it because the wire color code is different usually orange and black.
2. If the connector is a small, white or gray, oval shaped two wire connector it may be the extension harness for the wheel speed sensor. one end will be connected to the wss but if you look in the rear driver side of the engine bay behind the strut tower there should be a connector that it plugs into.
3. maybe the plug for the ac compressor
4. try looking under the plastic fuse panel cover to see if there is something that it could plug in to.
hope this helps...... EPAnightmare
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Rugged Ridge - Bumper Light Mounting Bracket
Bumper Light Mounting Bracket - X-Clamp; Light Mounting Bracket
- Turtle Wax - Carpet Cleaner
Carpet Cleaner - Turtle Wax Performance Plus(TM) Oxy Power Out Carpet Cleaner. Deep cleans and deodorizes leaving your carpet feeling fresh! 18 Fluid OunceMore on Turtle Wax - Carpet Cleaner
- Mr. Gasket - Fuel Pressure Gauge
Fuel Pressure Gauge - 1/8" male NPT fittingMore on Mr. Gasket - Fuel Pressure Gauge