Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Help! I have a 1997 Concours(traction c) I would love to know where this wire goes?? in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Hi , I have had some great help from this Forum on my engine replacement. Thanks! Now it is running ...
- 11-16-03 07:53 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2003
Help! I have a 1997 Concours(traction c) I would love to know where this wire goes??
Hi , I have had some great help from this Forum on my engine replacement. Thanks! Now it is running great but, I could not remember where this wire goes. It is a whip ,about 4 foot long(two wires blue and yellow, covered with black wire mold,that come out of the main anti-lock brake harness (located in front left lower side of engine compartment) I beleive it is for traction control, but not sure? I have looked at both front wheel senors and they seemed to be pluged in. thanks for your help! jim g
- 11-17-03 07:48 PM #2Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2003
- Richmond Va.
Re: Help! I have a 1997 Concours(traction c) I would love to know where this wire goes??Originally Posted by jimg
1. this wire could go to the right cooling fan but i dont think this is it because the wire color code is different usually orange and black.
2. If the connector is a small, white or gray, oval shaped two wire connector it may be the extension harness for the wheel speed sensor. one end will be connected to the wss but if you look in the rear driver side of the engine bay behind the strut tower there should be a connector that it plugs into.
3. maybe the plug for the ac compressor
4. try looking under the plastic fuse panel cover to see if there is something that it could plug in to.
hope this helps...... EPAnightmare
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Arm Hex Key SAE
Long Arm Hex Key SAE - 13 Pcs SAE Long Arm Hex Key Set; With Storage Container
- PowerTorque Tools - Crowfoot Wrenches
Crowfoot Wrenches - 8 Pcs 3/8" Dr Crowfoot Wrench Set - SAE
- PowerTorque Tools - Metric Hex Bits Set
Metric Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; Metric; Metric Hex Bits; Contains: 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm & 10mm