P 025 code - 1995 STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, P 025 code - 1995 STS in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; My car 95sts has been running really bad for some time with no codes popping up untill today when I ...
    first sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question P 025 code - 1995 STS

My car 95sts has been running really bad for some time with no codes popping up untill today when I got a PO25 code or 24X referance signal low !!!!!!!! What is a 24x referance signal,,,,something from outer space.......Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mcowden is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: HELP PO25 code ????????

I could be wrong here, but I thought the 24x reference signal was a signal from the crank position sensors. You might want to check the spark plug wires and make sure they are not in contact with any other wiring. Move them as far away from other wires as you can. Maybe there's a broken wire somewhere or a crank position sensor is failing. Hopefully someone else will chime in here with other possible causes and solutions but wanted to get you started with something at least.

Good luck...
    Mike

first sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Re: HELP PO25 code ????????

I changed out the ignition control moduel at the tune of $265.00 it did not fix the problem.....how hard is it to change the crank positioning sensor....are there any special tools need or does it need to set a certain way ??????? thanks for your reply

mcowden is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Well, before you go after that one, describe how the engine was running badly before you got the PO25 code. What were the exact symptoms? Did they change when the PO25 code came up? How did they change? Does the car stall or die out for no apparent reason? Is it hard to restart?
    Mike

ridinginstyle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Seville STS

Check your battery and alternator. Are your lights flickering or pulsating at idle at night you notice? I'm having this problem. Mike did you get her fixed if so what did you do?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

This thread is 8 years old. Neither of the two posters have been here since '06 & '07.

ridinginstyle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    This thread is 8 years old. Neither of the two posters have been here since '06 & '07.
    Well good for future visitors. I fixed my p025 problem. Was the PCM. Everything was good after that. Had to do an idle relearn procedure but all is good no more codes running way better like perfect.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.