96 Deville T.b. And Egr Cleaning
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 96 Deville T.b. And Egr Cleaning in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; HEY EVERYONE I SEARCHED FOR A WHILE AND COULD FIND A POST FOR A 96 N* INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING OUT ...
    96CADDYDEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Lightbulb 96 Deville T.b. And Egr Cleaning

HEY EVERYONE I SEARCHED FOR A WHILE AND COULD FIND A POST FOR A 96 N* INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING OUT THE T.B. AND EGR. MY CAR HAS BEEN RUNNING A LIL ROUGH AND HESITATING WHEN COLD. I PLAN ON DOING A TUNE UP THIS WEEKEND IM PRETTY HANDY WITH A WRENCH. BUT IVE BEEN WORKING ON MOPARS ALL MY LIFE AND I JUST NEED A QUICK OVERVIEW OF DISMANTLING AND CLEANING THE EGR AND T.B.

TIA,
    CHASE

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 96 Deville T.b. And Egr Cleaning

Remove the MAF sensor (black plastic tube) bolted to the TB. Block the throttle plate open. Use an old tooth brush and a rag with carb cleaner and clean the TB bore and throttle plate

If you haven't had the fuel rail recall done, the EGR will be a little easier to remove as the nylon rail has a little flex. If it has been changed then you'll have to remove the fuel rail to get the EGR off because the fuel rail mount is bolted to the EGR stud.. You'll see what I mean when you get there. Once the EGR is in hand just clean the pintle shaft with carb cleaner so that it moves freely and does not stick. Be sure to hold the EGR upright so the carb cleaner does not run into the can as it will destroy the insulating varnish on the windings and render it inoperative.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    If it has been changed then you'll have to remove the fuel rail to get the EGR off because the fuel rail mount is bolted to the EGR stud..
    Which is the stupidest damn design. It's not like the rail is GOING anywhere without that damn bracket. I sawed through mine and it's frickin 1/8" thick. Overengineered

thank you ranger you are both a scholar and a gentlmen.

Is The Egr Valve The Like 2" Dia. 3" Tall Thing With The Elec. Conn. On Top Thats Held In By 2 Bolts, Next To The Maf Sensor??? If So I Think I Have The Recall Done Cause It Look To Be Ss Gas Lines Attached To The One Bolt Like You Said.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Yup, you got it.

you tha man, cleaned them last night after that n* ate my ratchet adapter and had to turn into a search and rescue mission. hesitated to start back up i guess thats normal though, its fine now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.