Let's get some performance parts!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Let's get some performance parts! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I brought this up a few times before (back in February) but I thought I might mention it again since ...
    LymanSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Let's get some performance parts!

I brought this up a few times before (back in February) but I thought I might mention it again since there are so many more members now and this forum is so much more active. I think that we should collectively petition GM Performance parts, or some aftermarket parts vendor to make some performance parts for northstar equipped Cadillacs. As you all know, there is a severe and painful shortage of performance equipment out there for these cars, and I think most of you would be interested in adding another 50 or 100 horses to your car. Right now GMPP is doing nothing for us, and other than a cat back exhaust and cold air intake, there's nothing from the rest of the aftermarket. We know that the Northstar has all the potential in the world (visit www.chrfab.com if you don't believe that) but most companies don't believe or realize that there's a market for it. So...who would be interested in banding together, picking a product that we want, and then approaching several manufacturers about it? There are a lot of options. Headers, heads, cams, re-programming, superchargers, turbochargers, etc etc. If we can demonstrate that there's a significant group of people willing to buy, then we can probably convince someone to make some of these parts. Who's in?

Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bar Coded Organic is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Let's get some performance parts!

i know i'd LOVE to see what a twin turbo kit could do to these engines...get some fxes for the common problems such as gasket sealing...don't make me make sets out of copper!

you'd think with how powerful the hot rodders like this engine there'd be a lot mroe on the way

i know with the engine being used in high performance applications now it's only a matter of time before the next gen N* get their share of the pie...are the new gen's built better then the older ones i.e. common issues that arise for 80% of the original northstar engine owners

That's it? Only one response? Come on people.....talk about reinforcing a negative stereotype. A lot of folks think that caddy owners all drive like old women and don't give half a damn about performance. Is it true? Doesn't anyone else here have an interest in performance? Talk about disheartening.

Scott

ShadowLvr400 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood
    Go see my current planned harassment of Superchips taking place next week. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...?threadid=4230 We're working on it, and there's a lot of people interested in performance parts. But, we need more organization. Tis why all next week, I say we flood superchips with requests for an OBD 2 Northstar programmer for perfomance application. There's one company doing something with the OBD2, but so far, it seems like $550 just to remove the speed limiter. No garuntees on more power...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLvr400
    Go see my current planned harassment of Superchips taking place next week. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...?threadid=4230 We're working on it, and there's a lot of people interested in performance parts. But, we need more organization. Tis why all next week, I say we flood superchips with requests for an OBD 2 Northstar programmer for perfomance application. There's one company doing something with the OBD2, but so far, it seems like $550 just to remove the speed limiter. No garuntees on more power...

I happen to have a few contacts in superchips. I'll talk to them and see if they are in a position to influence the decision. I know that right now, superchips is pretty occupied working on a lot of Ford truck projects. It seems they can get double mileage by working on the trucks, because the work they do carries directly over to the SUVs.

Perhaps we should ask administration to set up a lobbying forum where we can specifically discuss efforts to persuade companies to help us. Good idea?

Scott

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR
    You're certainly welcome to start one or more Threads on the topic. At the moment I'm not convinced that we need to create a dedicated Forum for it though...

01STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

I have contacted Superchips and Hypertech and neither of them seem too interested in taking up the cause. I'd love do something other than the exhaust and K+N filter for my car. A program that got rid of the RPM governors and didn't select 2nd gear when the traction control is off would be a good bonus.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.