Code P076 on 94 STS and hard shifting help!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Code P076 on 94 STS and hard shifting help! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hello, Yesterday my 94 STS tranny started acting up out of no where, it's shifting very hard from 1st to ...
    Rick94STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Code P076, where is the pressure solenoid located!

Hello,
    Yesterday my 94 STS tranny started acting up out of no where, it's shifting very hard from 1st to 2nd gear and also when standing still shifting from reverse to drive or drive to rev. it bangs really hard!
    Checked codes, comming up with P076 current, "tranny pressure control solenoid malfunction"

My question is where is this pressure solenoid located in the trans? I thought it would be near the shift solenoid's which my local mechanic changed last year.
    But after speeking with him today he said he has never changed the pressure solenoid and is not sure where it is located.

Can someone help out with the location of the pressure solenoid?
    Is it in the valve body or behind the side cover? Does the trans need to be removed in order to change it?

thanks......

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Code P076 on 94 STS and hard shifting help!

This is a great forum, thanks for all your replies.......NOT!!

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Did searching ever kill you.....?

Took me 3 minutes and I came up with:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ssure+solenoid

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ssure+solenoid

Hopefully members will realize that its just about as easy to search as it is to post and ask!!

mcowden is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Rick94STS
    This is a great forum, thanks for all your replies.......NOT!!
    You can't even wait a full day for an answer? Could you perhaps try to be a bigger ass about it? Good luck getting any help here in the future.

Hey smart guy, if you want fast answers, buy the manual or click on the handy Search feature above. Ask the neighbor's kid to do it for you if you're having trouble. I have a weird feeling you couldn't find it with a map and a flashlight.
    Mike

OK OK sorry for being impatient, FYI- I know how to search, how do you think I gathered the info for my post.

I did some more searching and couldn't find the answer I needed, you guys don't have to rip my head off! I am just pissed that my trans is malfunctioning and wanted to know if the trans needed to be pulled to replace the pressure solenoid.

Anyway I got the answer from the trans shop where I dropped the car off today, they said it can be replaced with out dropping the trans but it is a tough job. just hoping the trans isn't finished!

Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.