Racing Junk heads
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Racing Junk heads in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Howdy, not sure if this the right place to post this but thought some of ya'll might be interested. http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/vi...lac-heads.html ...
    CTX-SLPR is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Racing Junk heads

Howdy,

not sure if this the right place to post this but thought some of ya'll might be interested.

http://www.racingjunk.com/exec/ca/vi...lac-heads.html

Dig in,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: Racing Junk heads

The title doesn't really help the ad...

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Neither does the fact that no year is listed. I hate it when people sell stuff, and don't even no what it came from. I see this kind of thing all of the time on ebay as well. People selling parts to a "Northstar", with no mention of what engine (L37/LD8), or year (1993-2005) that the parts fit.

They aren't mine, I just spotted them and I'm about 8 months from getting a Northstar myself unless someone hits my Regal. Just trying to help the ya'll brothers out.

Thanks,

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Oh, I know there not yours, I was just stating that I see this alot. Sorry if I seemed like I was directing it at you. I just find it annoying, when someone sells something, but don't say what it fits.

Oh I know you didn't aim it at me, but some people might think so I cleared it up. I also hate it. I've been doing Buicks for years and especially with the older Nailheads there are so many different little things that make or break what you can use it with. Same can be said about Big Block Buick heads..... Now I'm doing Grand National motors and trans in classic iron. But my modern Buick just ate its tranny so I might just run the warranty out then step up to a Cadillac for more luxury, more power, and more durability in the 4T80E.

1fastSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

hey CTX. are you on regalGS.org? im ScottyRegal on there.
    i had a 98 GS until a drunk driver totalled it for me, THANKS!!!
    more power? i was doing 12.63's@ 107mph. but more luxury, no LOL
    as for your tranny.

simple.
    high energy clutches, transgo shift kit set on medium, LSD(not intense, its garbage)
    and optional 3000 stall converter. and a 4340 input shaft. ULL never have a problem with your transmission again!! i ran my transmission at the track every saturday for 5 months straight with 6-11 passes each time. while daily driving, not one problem until it was destroyed. and my motor has 103,000 miles on it, if i had the patience to do up another GS i would...but i dont have time or patience to start all over again...if its just your tranny. id get it fixed.

the tranny is fixed Scotty, cost me $1800 for a stock rebuild at a local reputable shop. I'm kind of pissed at the car right now and I don't mess with my daily drivers unless its a stock replacement type part for something wearing/worn out, ie the slotted rotors on the front of the Regal. The power windows also just died and I can't for the life of my figure out what is busted without starting to replace the big money items... ie motor regulator assemblies.
    I have a 12 month warranty on the tranny so I'll probably drive it till about superbowl time when Caddy is pushing the '06's pretty hard and evaluate if I want to replace the Regal or drive the wheels off of it and hope it doesn't break anything between now and Christmas time '07. Its a nice fun car but it might be time to move on to something with a better track record, ie 2001+ Seville.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.