Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Spyder 
#1 ·
FYI - last year my 94 STS starting running bad, hesitating and misfiring out of no were, I replaced everything: PCM, plugs, wires, O2 sensors, oil & filter, air filter etc..... Nothing I did helped!!
My mechanic scanned it and came up with nothing useful. He did suggest to try replacing the fuel pressure regulator. As i was beginning to dismantle the top of the intake to get to the regulator I found my fuel injector harness had melted on the top of the trans housing causing two injector wires to short against the trans (ground). I repaired the melted wire harness and tie wrapped it up away from the trans.
The Car has been running perfect ever since.

If you are expierincing these simptoms Check your injector harness........

Take care.

#3 ·
Rick94STS said:
FYI - last year my 94 STS starting running bad, hesitating and misfiring out of no were, I replaced everything: PCM, plugs, wires, O2 sensors, oil & filter, air filter etc..... Nothing I did helped!!
My mechanic scanned it and came up with nothing useful. He did suggest to try replacing the fuel pressure regulator. As i was beginning to dismantle the top of the intake to get to the regulator I found my fuel injector harness had melted on the top of the trans housing causing two injector wires to short against the trans (ground). I repaired the melted wire harness and tie wrapped it up away from the trans.
The Car has been running perfect ever since.

If you are expierincing these simptoms Check your injector harness........

Take care.
Good catch...!!!!

I had a Corvette back in 1987 that would act strange, blow fuses at random, loose the AC, etc.... Same sort of thing. Once I had torn enough parts off the engine I could see that there was a tiny spine of casting flash in the transmission bell housing that was sawing into the harness causing random problems.....damn wires....LOL

#4 ·
I recently r&r'd the intake on the 'ol Dodge truck...ran rough and died really easy when I fired her up the first time. I had been in a hurry and hadn't done a good enough job of holding all the wires out of the way when I bolted the intake down...quick and easy fix, but, like bbob said, damn wires. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.