Retirement from the physical repairs to focus on the stud kits-
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By 97EldoCoupe
  • 2 Post By Ranger
  • 1 Post By 04GrandAmGT
  • 1 Post By 97EldoCoupe
  • 3 Post By 98eldo32v
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Retirement from the physical repairs to focus on the stud kits- in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Just to let everyone know, I am no longer taking bookings for head gasket repairs and will no longer be ...
    97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Retirement from the physical repairs to focus on the stud kits-

Just to let everyone know, I am no longer taking bookings for head gasket repairs and will no longer be selling engines. Our primary and sole focus will be on the stud kits.

Since we started in-house production of our patent-pending stud kit, quality went through the roof, sales went up, returns of kits are almost non-existent, and shipping through Canada Post/United States Postal Service is relatively quick and they haven't been loosing any kits.

We have more stock than ever before.

I'm 27 now, it has been a long run, I've busted my knuckles night and day to keep everything going. I'm getting to a point in my life where it is time to slow down just a touch.

My #1 goal is to look after everyone who wants my Suregrip studs in their vehicle and make sure they're looked after in a timely manner. In order to do this; I need to shift my focus away from vehicle repairs. There was a time when all I did was vehicle repairs and I never told a soul how I fixed the head bolt thread problem. I had an easier life. I was making more money. I should have kept it that way for some reasons.

But with having developed something that works so well comes a responsibility. I can help a lot more Cadillac owners with this new business plan and have a bit more free time on my hands to live life the way it was intended. And I have my own Cadillacs as well to maintain and enjoy- maybe for once I will have the time to.

As with most people, I do not have a short memory.

For those who stood by me, thank you for your support, understanding, patience, and for the words of hope and wisdom that kept me going.

I have a lot to take care of and there are still people that I owe a debt of gratitude to, N*Caddy for your patience with the trans job (hope it lasts forever). A man by the name of Ruel in Tennessee (I have not forgotten), JoeTahoe, Rick P.,

I would love to build a company large enough to take care of all Northstar owners but realistically speaking, that'll never happen. New production- GM had millions of dollars and all engines were produced in one plant (Livonia). Now they're scattered all over the world.

My time will be spent linking individuals who need professional head gasket repair services, to companies that use my product, and also helping the do-it-yourself crowd get ahold of the parts and expertise they need to do the job correctly and easily the first time.

I will never let out the exact number of engines I have personally repaired. It's above the 400 mark that is all I will say. The fastest re-seal job that I have ever done, from a running car, back to a running car, was 15.5 hours with the bottom end re-seal. Mind you, everything went smooth as butter- not one rusty bolt, not one slip of the wrench, not one corner cut. I swear I could do that job in my sleep already. It was a 1998 Seville that record was set on. That was myself alone performing the work with my dad handing me tools. Just recently too.

I look forward to this new change in being able to offer my help to more people, in a different way. Business has grown and shifted, I need to shift with it.

If I had to give advice to anyone, when doing the repair, it would be to go with my studs (obviously) but use MLS gaskets. $200 or so more, is cheap insurance. Especially if you routinely have the vehicle above the 130 MPH mark (hard runs). If itis just a daily driver that gets the odd burst of WOT, stock gaskets and studs will be fine.

Thank you.

Need parts for your Northstar Engine? www.northstarperformance.com

Jake Wiebe, developer of the SureGrip™ Cylinder Head Stud Kit

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Retirement from the physical repairs to focus on the stud kits-

Good luck Jake. Sounds like things are going well.
    97EldoCoupe and Speedygman like this.

04GrandAmGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 04 Grand Am GT,07 Cobalt(Dont Judge,My fuel Saver)

sorry for my inactivity on the forum, i am away for a few weeks, just moved to a new house and only got internet now, i should be active daily now
    97EldoCoupe likes this.

Evrett, Sales Executive of the SureGrip™ Cylinder Head Stud Kit

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Evrett, I appreciate your continued help in this business. You are the one employee I have that has been able to assist in all aspects of the business and excel. Good with a keyboard, good with a wrench, and good with customers. Finish up your vacation, fuel up your DTS and get back to work I hope you don't mind but I will be posting a pic of your '01 from the day we (Ben and I) picked it up in Winnipeg-

----------

Speedygman likes this.

Jake Wiebe, developer of the SureGrip™ Cylinder Head Stud Kit

98eldo32v is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next

I always had a hunch that the MLS gasket was the bulletproff way to go if you were planning to "stand in it".

Yet, I have also realized the average person isn't going to "punch it" that hard, that often.

I remember when I first started looking for information pertaining to repairing this engine from it's ill fated issue.

When I stumbled across this site and then Northstar performance site , I knew the solution would be the studs and I wouldn't believe in any other solution. Not to say that the others don't work, this concept just made more sense. Studs have been used in other applications for ages in other engines. The northstar, as quirky as it can be is no exception.

I've watch the concept from its birth, to being cloned, to being perfected. It's been a long process and I can only imagine the other issues that came along the way.

I just wanted to say thank you Jake for saving the caddy's you have, the caddy's you didn't save directly that someone else might have with the concept. My eldo ( that I haven't finished yet), my friend Eldo_red's eldorado (ready to be installed back into the body, hopefully next week).

You gave me enough hope to trust the northstar to purchase my 00 devile, which started the craziest love-hate relationship I've ever had with a car. I now love her now that all the major issues are resolved.

I have to say, in my opinion you came and started saving northstars almost single handedly, yet the concept caught on quick and others joined in. We can't forget them too.

In the grande scheme of things, you kept some nice cars with a factory flaw around longer to be enjoyed a little longer by a few.

Thanks

Enjoy the "time off" , you've earned it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.