Corsa scrwwed me over!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Corsa scrwwed me over! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Those bastards at corsa sent me some exhaust for my 99 seville and they ddidn't even ****ing weld the hanger ...
    MrEr1c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Corsa scrwwed me over!

Those bastards at corsa sent me some exhaust for my 99 seville and they ddidn't even ****ing weld the hanger bar in the correct place.

they welded the hanger bar on the opposite side of the section where they were supposed to weld.

and i can't do anything about it becuase i still want my warrenty.

THOSE BASTARDS!

too bad i already cut the stock pipe off...

Edit: sorry for the foul language but im in a very bad mood. im going to have to drive to car with only the headers to catalytic converter and a dump. lol. At least it sounds awesome. Nice and deep. im thinking maybe the deville model corsa exhaust has the hanger welded the other way and they accidently sent me the deville style instead of seville. Either way its their fault and im angry.

I plan on talking to corsa on monday (no corsa support on weekends!) and explaining the situation and they better send me a new intermediate pipe and possibly a new center muffler becuase the one i recieved happened to have a dent on it. And they better pay any shipping that goes on between them sending, me sending stuff to them, etc.

I don't like spending this much money and having useless products sent to me.

And o yeah! The tips look really great...too bad they are not on my car yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Re: Corsa scrwwed me over!

When you talk to them be polite and professional...Have a pen and paper ready and note down what you are told, who told it to you, time of day and all that. Chances are you'll end up with the right parts and be happy. They're a pretty big company that should take care of their customers. Good luck!

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

The system for the Later model Deville's and Seville's is the exact same. The only difference, is the length of pipe, needed to connect to the Catalytic converter. You have to cut it slightly longer for the Deville I believe.

What year Seville do you have? I think there might have been some minor changes between the years. I know that they used a difference design of catalytic converter after 1998, which is why they don't list it. It's still fits though, it just needs to be welded on, instead of clamp to the cat.

Corsa will be more than willing to help you solve this problem, as long as your polight with them. When I spoke with them, about the kit before I ordered mine, they wer very polite and helpful. I know how it is, when you spend alot of money on something, and it doesn't work out as planned. Just have patience with them, and they will straighten everything out. Good Luck.

edit: Just so you know, the statement made about the difference between the Devill and Seville, was based on the information supplied in the installation manual that came with the kit. It only specified a different length needed to reach the cat. Ohter than that, they were both the same.

edit#2: I didn't notice when I first read you post that it was for a 1999. When you say the hanger was welded on in the wrong place, what do you mean exactly. The hanger should be located, almost directly inbetween the resonator, and Y-pipe. Did you make sure that you were placing the components in the right place? I've got a picture off of their website here, with the whole kit assembled, it shoudl look exactly like this when installed under the car.

Quote Originally Posted by danbuc
    The system for the Later model Deville's and Seville's is the exact same. The only difference, is the length of pipe, needed to connect to the Catalytic converter. You have to cut it slightly longer for the Deville I believe.

What year Seville do you have? I think there might have been some minor changes between the years. I know that they used a difference design of catalytic converter after 1998, which is why they don't list it. It's still fits though, it just needs to be welded on, instead of clamp to the cat.

Corsa will be more than willing to help you solve this problem, as long as your polight with them. When I spoke with them, about the kit before I ordered mine, they wer very polite and helpful. I know how it is, when you spend alot of money on something, and it doesn't work out as planned. Just have patience with them, and they will straighten everything out. Good Luck.

edit: Just so you know, the statement made about the difference between the Devill and Seville, was based on the information supplied in the installation manual that came with the kit. It only specified a different length needed to reach the cat. Ohter than that, they were both the same.

edit#2: I didn't notice when I first read you post that it was for a 1999. When you say the hanger was welded on in the wrong place, what do you mean exactly. The hanger should be located, almost directly inbetween the resonator, and Y-pipe. Did you make sure that you were placing the components in the right place? I've got a picture off of their website here, with the whole kit assembled, it shoudl look exactly like this when installed under the car.
    yeah im going to try to be polite. i just need the part quickly.

you can see in the picture that the hanger bar is located more towards the straight pipe. On my kit, the hanger bar is located on the other side of the diagonal piping.

Please disregard the stars
    ********/------\
    ---------/****** \---- thats what the pipe looks like. the hanger bar is supposded to be on the first forward slash but my hanger is on the second/upper forward slash. i know its a bad diagram but it works.

Edit: Does anyone know/think there would be a problem running the car with no mufflers or anything for a couple of days? im not sure about the o2 sensor and what thats going to do. (i know its gonna throw the check engine light but what else could happen?)

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Oh, I see what you mean now. The hanger on your's was welded to the side with the tiny straight section where the resonator hooks up. They should be able to ship you a new pipe, and a new resonator, since you said it was damaged. They will probably pay for shipping too.

As far as running the car with no exhaust system hooked up, as long as you didn't hack off the section of pipe behind the cat where the second O2 sensor is, it should still run fine. It will be EXTREMELY loud though. It might also run a little rough, because of the massive loss of exhaust back pressure. If you don't want to get a massive headache, or attract the cops, I wouldn't drive it. It would be fun to hear what it sounds like though. Do you think you might be able to post and audio clip? Tha would be cool.

Good Luck with Corsa. They'll straighten all this out for you. Very nice people there.

edit: I'm just trying to picture this here- your's looks like this

```````````````/-------\``````_______
    ----------------/````````\--{--[_______]--

when it should look like this-

----------{-----/````````\-----[_______]--

````````` ________
    { = hanger [_______] = resonator Is this what it looks like?

Loose screw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 concourse, 99 sts

If you drive it you risk all that heat damaging the paint, how much rust is acceptable and burning up your floor maybe even a fire and of course it will smell like smoke for the rest of it's life - plus don't forget a ticket you will get.

Rent a car for a few days, it will be much cheaper in the long run, or put your old exhaust back on with a few repair sleeves, some clamps and of course bailing wire.

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

EDIT: I thought the kits were 2000 and up, but they're not for the Seville.

Be nice and polite on the phone - they'll be a lot less inclined to help you if you're a d*ck about it. Instead of starting out with accusing them of a f-up, say things like "I think maybe you sent me the wrong intermediate pipe...." instead of "You m-f'ers sent me the wrong f'n intermediate pipe...". Measure it first so you can tell them what you've got.

Jim

----------------/````````\-----[_______]---o2-(had to cut here)

not quite. the...^first forward slash from left to right is where it should be.

----------------/````````\--{--[_______]---o2-(had to cut here)
    instead its on the.^ second forward slash

the hanger bar is located about 3 inches from where it should be.

about the exhaust as is. As part of the corsa installation process i had to cut the pipe from right before the o2 sensor (right after the cat) so the sensor is just hanging there not in the exhaust or anything. (actually i shoved the sensor back into its own hanger to keep it from dragging on the ground or anything.

i have my doubts about the car catching fire from exhaust like it is becuase of the way other cars can run dumps and it would be very similar setup.

And if i can find my video camera i'll try to get a video clip of it so you can see what the problem is and how it sounds. LOL

Thanks for all the responses.

1fastSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i have a 99 seville and they sent me corsa for it, so thye do have it.
    people make mistakes. everything will workout, and im sure they will cover any shipping costs.

Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Does your pipe look like the one in this installation guide? http://www.corsaperf.com/InstallCadillacSTSDTSSys.pdf

Also, if you haven't talked to them about a replacement yet, they didn't screw you over, they just screwed up...

yep it is so they did not screw me over.

i talked to them and they were very polite to me and recognized the problem from my descriptions. it was indeed a deville intermediate pipe packaged with seville everything else. they sent a new pipe next day air free of charge and i installed it last night.

only one more problem but this one is small.

i rate corsa customer service an A+ with a 98/99%. not a 100 becuase they were not there for me on the weekend. but i can respect not wanting to work on the weekends too.

corsa quality control on the other hand i'll just say is NOT an A+.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEr1c
    it was indeed a deville intermediate pipe packaged with seville everything else.
    Everything else is the same for the Deville and Seville so what you got was a Deville kit (which is a 14151 vs. a 14150). So it's not like they slipped a random Deville part into a Seville-specific system. I guess they just shipped you the wrong kit.

So how do you like it? Mine should be shipping soon.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy
    Everything else is the same for the Deville and Seville so what you got was a Deville kit (which is a 14151 vs. a 14150). So it's not like they slipped a random Deville part into a Seville-specific system. I guess they just shipped you the wrong kit.

So how do you like it? Mine should be shipping soon.

Jim
    if i remmeber correctly they shipped the seville kit with a deville pipe in it according to the numbers and from what Paul said.

So far a love it. i was getting a bit of leaking when installed so i took everything apart and used exhaust sealant and now its all set. it sounds extrememly quiet compared to with no exhaust from the cat back. Its nice and quiet but when you give it some throttle it sounds really nice but nothing to obnocsciouse (sp?).

its just my tips are not on becuase of them not fitting correctly where one sticks out too far. its a problem with the inside wld restricting the pipe from going in further so that it sticks out.

i was worrying that it mihgt be too loud to go on road trips but i was wrong. it sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEr1c
    i was worrying that it mihgt be too loud to go on road trips but i was wrong. it sounds perfect.
    Cool - thanks for the review. Mine shipped yesterday. Might be here tomorrow. I was reluctant to mess with it because of what you mentioned - leaks. Stock systems don't leak. Once you start hacking into it and introduce clamps you introduce leaks. But I think it'll sound pretty sweet.

Jim

Auuuuggghh! Me Too!

Damn it.

I cut my exhaust system off and go to put the Corsa system on and the stupid intermediate pipe is wrong. I gotta drive the car so I put it together anyway. Guess I have to call Corsa on Monday.

Pics attached.

Also, I measured the 18.5" (for the Deville) back from the cat flange just like they said (even using the pictures for reference) and the cat was too short. You could see daylight through the slits in the new pipe (the cuts they make so you can compress it). So I had to cut the Corsa pipe, which I'm sure voids the warranty. Now it leaks at the cat. I'm going to have to have it welded up or something.

It sounds really nice, though. Much louder than I had anticipated actually.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.