Cadillac Owners Forum banner
256K views 511 replies 289 participants last post by  jmlcaton 
#1 ·
I have a 97 DeVille with 107400 original miles, which I know is not much compared to some of you. To figure out whether or not I can expect much more out of this engine, I would love to see how many of you have Northstars with higher mileage. If your engine is not the original, please let us know. Any major problems along the way would also be helpful, with mileages. I think that a thread like this could really help some of us anticipate problems and estimate the life of our engines!

Thanks,
Jim

My entry:
107400 miles original
no known major problems
now leaks a little oil (began around 100k)

#221 ·
I've been meaning to post here for quite sometime. First of all let me thank you all. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge and an inspiration. I have a '98 Deville that I bought in June of 2004. It had 73,000 miles on it and I paid $8,900 for it. On 11/16/11 my odometer rolled over 500,000mi. Original engine and transmission. Only thing that's been done is fluid and filter changes, plugs and wires. No electrical problems but as far as the rest of the mechanicals it would be easier to tell you what hasn't been replaced. Still original are the starter, master cylinder and power steering pump. I still drive it about 5,000 miles a month,in fact today it turned over 505,000 miles. It still likes WOT and I wouldn't be afraid to go get in it right now and take it across the country. Btw..it's only been to a dealership once since I've had it for a fuel pump. Again, thank you all, Jeff

Attachments

#225 ·
its sure damm possible i think he did

----------

Holy high mileage Northstars Batman! I do believe we have a winner. Have you sacrificed virgins to the Northstar Gods?
i think he must have been having been giving up his children to the N-Gods for the last 7 years or so 1 A YEAR I bet lol

----------

I am just about to turn 192k but i don't know if i count since the engine only has 29k on it lol

#228 ·
I have a 97 STS with 198,xxx miles. Engine has never been rebuilt. have replaced lots of small issues tho. (Starter, Altenator, fuel pump, brake lines, the whole front suspension pretty much) still have issues that need attention such as a new A/C compressor and all that and i need the whole rear airbag suspension replaced and i need to replace the rear left hub on the car do to a wheel speed sensor code that is cuasing issues and tranny slips some. Other then all that the engine runs great, no coolant leaks and it burns a little oil which is expected on a N*

#235 ·
I did send an email to Cadillac customer support with the photo. They replied back wanting my phone #. She said congrats and asked for the VIN because they wanted to give me something. I was encouraged. Turned out to be a $100 gift certificate to the dealership of my choice. She did say my mail would be passed on. To who I don't know. Oh well on to 1,000,000..or 999,999 I suppose...

#247 ·
That is just amazing... What kind of extra wear and tear have you experienced due to the high mileage? I was going to ask how many miles were yours, but I found your first post where you said you bought the car at 73K.

So how does it feel to own the car that has defied all odds and logic? :D You might as well go for 1 million now!