High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I have 96 STS fully loaded, I bought it with 40K, first of all I love the car, it has ...
    Roshears is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me?

I have 96 STS fully loaded, I bought it with 40K, first of all I love the car, it has had it problems, transmission, water pump, fuel pump, battery replaced maybe twice, tail lights problems, I have over 250k, nothing have been done to the motor, it runs good, it seem like after 200k, the car has become maintance free, basiclly all I do now is wash it, change oil and drive it, I drive about hundred miles a day running at 80 mph plus, I think I love it more, nothing beat an old Caddy.... Roshears@yahoo.com

david binkley is offline Cadillac Owners Member

145,000 no leaks, runs great
    1994 sls

Shirlmoyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Talking Re: High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me?

105,000 here on 97 Concourse NS, original engine blew 2 headgaskets at 100,000--the weak link of the NS engine, from '95 to 2000. Engine oil leaks common.

cchhrriiss11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello Everyone,

I have a 1995 Seville STS (Northstar) with 234,000km on it, all original. Engine and tranny have never been rebuilt. (Believe it or not) Car still runs and drives like it is brand new.

Chris

dboncio99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

I have about 145,000 on my 1995 SLS with no issues other than the standard oil consumption and a light for my tranny that I hope to fix with the solenoid kit. Still runs awesome and fast.

usmscomp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me?

I'm catching up with some of you. I have a 2001 DeVille with 92000 plus. I drive alot and wanted comfort in my 1 - 1.5 hour drive to/from work. I enjoy it daily and would not have anything else.

starfox86 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 deville, 2000 sls, 2006 cts-v

I had a 73 leSabre (350h) with 353,000 , owned it for half its life. went through 2 trans. and other stuff but the engin was org. nuts!..I have a 94 sls now with a blown head gasket at 122,000...trying to repair it. Errrr.

bige's "95 seville is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i have 113k on my 95 sls .i just put new plugs in and my miles per gallon jumped from 17.5 to 24.3. whats every one else getting ? i was told i was doing good getting 17.5 in a v8 . hell now i'm gonna see if i can get it up to thirty....oh yeah i deliver pizzas in it too. i get alot of comments . no mayjor problems so far other that the rear air struts. and theres a noise when i turn the wheel to the left ... dont know what that is.. everything else is great
    E
    jounier11 and jounier11 like this.

polp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

97 Sedan 110k New Water Pump 1mo ago knocking in front wheel had strut mounts and stab pins replaced still knocks.been told need a map sensor.over all RUNS DRIVES LOOKS WONDERFUL but I dont think im gonna keep it.

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

98 deville with 92000 miles.......how boring compared to all y'all 6 figure folks.
    (original everything except wear parts and some electronics) Plan on driving it another year or two, should be joining the 6 figure club by then!

addison_ii is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sedan Deville

Bought in Feb 05. 182K and some change currently. I have service records from previous owner and these were replaced.
    Head gaskets,water pump,and water pump pulley,right side valve cover gaskets.radiator hoses, thermostat,egr valve=132,443 miles
    ac compressor=141,263 miles
    currently need to replace power steering pump,shift solenoids, swaybar links and bushings.
    Great car once these get done.

Passive struts(front),wheel bearing,wheel axle, and brake lines installed 1 week after I bought the car.182,299 miles

LewisR is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a '95 Eldorado with ~145K on it. Highway mileage is 29-31, and overall runs about 22-23. The engine has had very little work done to it (maintenance only), and so I consider this to be "broken in" mileage.

Hands down it beats my 2004 SRX for mileage, comfort, kick-you-back-into-the-seat, fun-to-drive, and cruising range. I'm glad I kept the Eldo when I got the SRX, and I will undoubtedly have the Eldo long after the SRX lease ends (and I don't get another one).

sirarmin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have 218,000 miles on a 97 STS. Still running good.

ljklaiber is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS 200K miles

Old guy with 95 sls, 152,252 miles. Runs fine and runs with most any on Interstate 95. Enjoy! These Dogs can hunt.

scottm1313 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hi, My 1997 eldo has turned 109,000, and has been maintained with coolant changes every summer, and oil and filter every 1500 miles. The car has been trouble free since going into service september 1996 with 3 miles on it. I plan to keep this car as long as possible, and with proper service hope to reach the 200k mark.
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.