High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; My 94 SLS has 125,+++ with a minor oil leak and I know it is not a caddy, but my ...
    PhillyCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS

Re: High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me?

My 94 SLS has 125,+++ with a minor oil leak

and I know it is not a caddy, but my Jeep XJ has 194,802
    and both have original engine and tranny. and I beat my XJ hard in mud and rock climbing
    Oh the caddy runs strong and can be on the highway. loves to hit the tripple digit zone on speed, only when no one else on the road.

jjbuckley is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have a 94 STS, 116k miles not many miles compared to some, but it runs great, I had to replace tranny solenoids and the alternator, oil changes by the oil life meter and it looks great, people are surprised when I say it is a 94.

On a different note, my wifes 92 Buick Lesabre just turned over 188k runs like a champ, no major problems with it other than normal maintenance and 2 alternators.

John

Liv4lacs is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 95 etc 89k miles no leaks runs like new. I used to work for a local cadillac dealer and I do know the northstars are known for head bolts (stripping and leaking) and also the mid case leaking oil. If this has been fixed on your car they run fine 200k miles plus I have seen a mid case leak at 30k and also at 100k so I guess its just what day the car was built on or if the guy building the motor was pissed at his boss that day

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

(...have seen a mid case leak at 30k and also at 100k)

The case halves on my STS were leaking at 40k miles! The ones on my old '94 Concours didn't leak until after 100k.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

My 95 ETC is at 104K after my trip... put around 2500 on in the last 1 1/2 weeks. Figure I'll change the coolant and tranny fluid since it's telling me to.

My moms 78 Volvo 245DL 2.2 Wagon may take 23 seconds to get to 60mph but it's lasted 283k.

Dooman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Black and Tan STS

I've got my 99 STS to 135,000 now...

enchanter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1982 Seville, 1997 SLS

My first Seville, a 1984, ran for over 300,000 miles (no kiddin'!) -- the water pump blew on me and warped a head gasket, thus, she died. I just bought a 1997 SLS with over 130,000 miles -- original Northstar engine -- and he runs beautifully. A slight oil leak from the oil pan gasket -- not unusual for Caddys -- is the only "problem." I never mind gasket leaks as it keeps the bottom of a car rust-free and well-lubed.

llaupert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

Thumbs up Re: High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me?

I have a 1994 SLS Diamond white -- in premium shape -- with+126,000. Outside of a little problem with an occassional surge at a traffic light I am pleased beyond words. As is common I need to add a quart of oil between oil changes. The engine, as far as I am concerned is still outstanding.

freefaller07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Old thread I know but I just wanna add the my 1993 seville STS has 196*** and it does not leak any oil. I add one quart of oil between changes (every 3000). No problems yet and is it ever strong, you can feel it when you go WOT. I am very impressed with the car, only had about a year. Hope my northstar continues strong into the future.

1996STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My STS has 108,843 miles right now on it. No oil leaks but burns a little when accelerating hard. Replaced the starter, intake manifold gasket, and the battery. We had a 87 Astro van that went to 315,400 before some jerk attempted to pass when we were making a left hand turn and caved in the driver's door. Insurance company totaled it. It would have been interesting to see how far it would have gone.

dan3or6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Deville

I have a 94 SLS that went 259,000 before it spun a bearing,not a head gasket. I am on my second motor with same tranny @ 301,000. It has been a very good car. I attribute it to changing the oil at 3,000 and alot of highway miles. My 2003 Deville is junk. I just sold it at 50,000 with many problems. I will buy another though,if I can talk my wife out of the Jaguar. If any of you are wondering why your 93-96 sls-sts has water in the spare tire area,you sun roof is leaking. It has a drain hose to the trunk. Took a while to figure that out.

Caddyloversincebirth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8

I left Florida moving to Tulsa,OK at 120K in my STS had only changed the water pump. mid route in Birmingham, AL My Heads went south on me...COULDN"T find a mech. that was WILLING to do the Heads there....LOL ended up buying a used motor with 94k on it and kept on trunkin' another 14 hrs strait no problems...runs better that it did at first. had to put another water pump on it though. (they didn't keep the one I had just put on there)...since then I have put another 15K on it and now I need to change my Soleniods in the tranny. other than that looks and runs like new...(until i get up to about 55mph)...lol but that will soon be fixed...great thread..

dr1994sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 1994 STS has just over 24,000 miles. Oops, I'm looking for the low mileage thread. Seriously, your posts about high mileage give me lots of confidence in the the car in general and the N* in particular. Gave it some WOTs today. I've read the threads on whether or not the WOTs are a necessity or just for fun. Can something that feels and sounds so good also be good for me? Better not get too philosophical and take all of the fun out of it.

fristim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Concours 212,000 orginal motor,trans

98 Concours 149000 and still beautiful!!

Keyth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Thumbs up Re: High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me?

I have 245000 miles on my '93 ETC... Orig engine and tranny.. Replace H2O pump twice, Alt twice (because of knight rider lights in grill draining battery), 2 Coils (the #1/#4) One Radiator, 2 O2 sensors, 2 catalytic converts, 2 tranny solenoids (both at same time), one fuel pump, A/C compressor and most recent harmonic balancer replacement.. (Numerous tires, and front head light bulbs, plug wires, spark plugs only 3 times) Now plastic around the firewall is starting to break/flake apart.. Started running synthetic oil at 84,000 and I contribute it to saving the engine during the H2O pump issues... All this and I'm still not afraid to take it up against anybody that once to race...

I need to replace the struts, they went out at 100000 miles but I keep putting it off and I have to go to a junk yard for a wheel position sensor that acts up in the morning.. Hope I can find a good deal where the guy selling it doesn't know what it is..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.