Cadillac Owners Forum banner
256K views 511 replies 289 participants last post by  jmlcaton 
#1 ·
I have a 97 DeVille with 107400 original miles, which I know is not much compared to some of you. To figure out whether or not I can expect much more out of this engine, I would love to see how many of you have Northstars with higher mileage. If your engine is not the original, please let us know. Any major problems along the way would also be helpful, with mileages. I think that a thread like this could really help some of us anticipate problems and estimate the life of our engines!

Thanks,
Jim

My entry:
107400 miles original
no known major problems
now leaks a little oil (began around 100k)

#455 ·
Magic number 200,000 rolled up on the odometer coming home last night. This has been the best used car I have ever owned....

Bought it almost 4 years ago with 93,000 miles on the clock, had some issues from neglect of prior owner.......

Averages 22 mpg on a daily commute of 120 miles, higher some other days when I travel to the other locations. Low as 19.5 mpg in sub-zero temps and most of that can be attributed to using the remote start function (twice)...but it's worth it. Highs of 24 mpg during summer running 75 mph on the big road.

Oil usage remains at 1 pint using the suggested oil change of the GM algorithm at 12,000 miles...

Items replaced or repaired....

Front struts, rear shocks (Auto Level), Spark Plugs, Water Pump, Oil Filter adapter gasket, Secondary Air Injection Valve, Both HID headlight bulbs, (2) Batteries (one was a warranty failure) , two sets of tires, C/V shafts (L & R), several front calipers until I learned to only use new GM calipers, rear brake pads, and I believe (3) wheel bearing / hub assemblies....

I call that pretty damn good......for a $7500.00 used car...

Display device Auto part Odometer Technology Speedometer

#457 ·
While this isn’t my car, I’ve had these photos for a while and I’m not sure if they’ve been posted. If I recall correctly it was an 07. 898k miles. Luxury I.

Attachments

#465 ·
Odometer Auto part Light Vehicle Car

228k and still running strong despite her negligent former owners. My father, the last of who knows how many owners of the poor thing, let it go for over 100k before finally i got it and gave it an oil change. His assumption was that it had a constant oil change via the bad valve cover gaskets.

#472 ·
I've got about 240k miles on my 98 deville and aside from sensor issues the engine still runs great! I often times half-a** race people, and by that I mean I try n beat people to about 10 over speed limit on the main road and see if I can overtake people already rolling when going into traffic, dust all the pick ups in town with their supercharge blah blah f150 blah blah, mini coopers dust me all the time though XD