High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me? - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I only have 94,500 on my 98 Deville right now; it had 91,500 when I got it. But the lady ...
    ibm4mad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cotillion White 2002 Deville

Re: High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me?

I only have 94,500 on my 98 Deville right now; it had 91,500 when I got it. But the lady who owned it before me (who is now 80, but was the only owner of my car) was very savvy....she dealership serviced the car, and I was digging through the service records the other day and got a new lease on life! Just before her factory warranty was about to go out, she complained about oil consumption issues and somehow convinced the dealer to re-seal the entire engine! On the invoice, you can see all sorts of gaskets, sealants, etc. listed under the "parts "category. It took them DAYS to complete the repair. I dont know how she convinced them to do that but she did, so I have a good shot at making it far in this car as far as oil problems go.
    jounier11 and jounier11 like this.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Damn thats really awesome. You should be able to take that Deville quite a long way.

I had similar luck when I got my '00 Seville w/54k miles. The previous owner had the car dealer maintained, and right before she traded it problems started arising with hard starting and stalling. Headgasket was blown, and a few other things were wrong with it. When it was all fixed up, I bought it. I have a long way to go to catch up to you guys.

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

[quote=youbetcha77;203499]Cutlasses had 307 oldsmobile engines in them from the factory starting in 81-88.

Blaze[/quot

There's a lot of 81-88 olds with 305's for sale in Canada,I think they used the 305 for Canada.

TimothyNelson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac DeVille D'Elegance Cloth Top Gold Trim Package

Smile Re: High Mileage Northstar Thread: Who can beat me?

1999 Deville D'Elegance, 170,xxx, rolling strong.

BCBlixt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 99 SLS..93 Eldo..96 Vette..04 GMC Duramax

I have a 93 Eldo..runs strong at 170K..Marks her spot tho..drips..Radiator at 155k...1qt of oil every 1500 miles...better than my 99SLS..needs head gaskets..will still invest some in each tho..Great to have GM techs as friends

digitalcaddie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '02 Escalade

97 SLS with 165,xxx. I bought it with 121k and have had lots of small issues. First to go were the wires in the ignition that contact the resistor pellet in the key that kept making me wait 3 minutes to start the car. Had a bad front left hub and I think the front right is going too. Had "Engine Misfire" due to a clogged fuel injector, but I changed the plugs, wires, cleaned the EGR valve and checked the solenoids tracking down that problem. A/C had a bad o-ring that I had to replace, then evacuate the system, then fill with refrigerant. Muffler rusted out and got very loud so I had to replace that. Regulator on the alternator blew out around 130k. Driver's window switch broke with the window down (of course) so I had to get a new one from the junkyard. Now the power antenna is stuck up, but I can replace that whenever. Oil consumption is about 1 qt every 600 miles, but other than that (I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple things), she's running great!!

Seems like I've got a used car with a bunch of new parts. Hopefully it'll hold together for another year or two until I can get something else.

fristim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Concours 212,000 orginal motor,trans

98 concours. Other than the norms; alt, wp, just changed water pump crossover gaskets. NOT FUN! I have a cold tranny whine and little slippage at frist start up. With 213000 everything else is orginal and I love the car. Went to passive shocks a few years ago and never looked back. The car is pearl white and STILL turns heads!

h8Tr_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01 Cadillac DeVille

i just bought a 01 Deville with 203,000 and change as a beater while i worked on my audi tt, but in the last couple of days the car has grown on me and ill be fixing it up too eventually, im thinking about dropping a new engine in it since it has the all time famous head gasket issue and i dont know if the heads are damaged or not but the car runs pretty good i think, it's the first time ever in a caddy :-). this is my first post too

Cliff8928 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V - XLR

I know it's not a N*, but a customer I had with an Aurora was clocking over 325,000 a couple years ago. I still see him driving around in it.

sts777 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): "96 STS Black

My 96 sts is all original(eng and trans) with 312 k on it...runs and drives like close to new...it should easily go to 500-600k plus with no effort.........happy trails.

MrPibb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hey everyone. This is my first post here. I am not a Cadillac owner(yet), but I came here looking for some advice. I am in the market for a DTS. I have found one at a local Cadillac dealership for $4999. It is a 2003 with 182,000 and some change. The price is affordable and the pictures look ok from what I can tell(no torn up interior, exterior doesn't look like its obviously been hit and patched back together, etc). I am a bit nervous about buying one with that many miles on it. That's over 30,000 miles a year and I don't know how well the previous owner took care of it. Any questions, comments or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

motohead_1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

my 96 aurora has 196k on it with no major engine work, just transmission shift solenoids, a pair of axle shafts and struts. leaks almost no oil and runs great with close to 21 mpg combined.

aussiev8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville '98 (127000)

98 Devile. 126000 miles. Original N* Runs very well.

kentwg is offline Cadillac Owners Member

312000 miles on a 97 STS. Everything still original with the engine, of course the spark plugs have been changed 3 times, new wires once, new coils once, new alternator once, new water pump once, new fuel pump once and now needs another one, new fuel pressure regulator once, new rear knuckles on both sides, new aluminum heater core(the original had plastic tanks that split and filled up the floor board with coolant...not to mention it looked like Cheech and Chong was driving with all of the steam/smoke coming out of the windows). The dirver window and the passenger rear window doesn't roll down, all 4 struts are bad, she uses and leaks a little oil (to the tune of about a quart/1000 miles. The air dam on the front has been ripped off from running over one too many jackrabbits. Other than that...she's cherry, no dings, dents or scratches and...if a new fuel pump was installed, she would still run like a striped assed ape! Oh yeah, she's still getting 22-24 mpg! Has been a good car!

Kent

John Luciano is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Seville STS

I just purchased a 1999 White Diamond Seville STS with 94,700 miles on it. First owner vehicle traded in at the Honda store I work for. Absolutely gorgeous! Books, solid service history. I won't drive it much because I have 5 other cars but I look forward to having it many years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.