starting problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, starting problem in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; please help, 93 deville 4.6 n star. runs great but when shut down for periods of time need to crank ...
    ryderrich is offline Cadillac Owners Member

starting problem

please help, 93 deville 4.6 n star.
    runs great but when shut down for periods of time need to crank longer hard starting. smell fuel and have noticed no pressure to rail. pump pressures within limits and previous owner had just changed out pump. no visable fuel leaks. thanks to anyone for helpful advice on what to look at next.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Re: starting problem

Check the fpr...fuel pressure regulator...take off the intake cover and turn the key to on...do NOT START THE CAR! as it will be unthrottled on a '93 or '94...check the fpr for any leakage over a couple of minutes... ...The fpr is the little thing that looks kinda like an inline aluminum fuel filter in the (facing the car from the front) upper right corner of the intake...if any fuel drips out of it or shows up, it needs to be replaced...many posts on this, search for it and there's lots of info... good luck!

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Wait a minute. '93 Deville? Northstar? '93 Deville had a 4.9. Follow Spyders advice except that there is no cover to remove. FPR will be mounted on the fuel rail and will have a vacuum hose attatched to it. You can pull the vacuum hose with the engine running on that engine and look for fuel leaking from the nipple as Spyder advised.

ryderrich is offline Cadillac Owners Member

thanks to you both, yes the fpr was leaking badly. and I was tired and stressed when i input the deville it is a seville. now i have noticed the hoses on the fuel line are hard and brittle so i guess the next move while its apart is to replace the injector seals and the hoses conecting them together. again thanks a million. Rich

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.