Idle surging
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Idle surging in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; My 94 Seville has 158k miles. Recently the idle has begun surging. At first it would surge up to 1200 ...
    jss
    jss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Seville

Idle surging

My 94 Seville has 158k miles. Recently the idle has begun surging. At first it would surge up to 1200 to 1400rpms. This would occur very sporatically (maybe a couple of episodes every couple of months). Recently she's gotten much worse; surging up to 3000rpms and only occassionally dropping down to the normal 700-800.

I've scanned this form and don't see this problem addressed. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Re: Idle surging

Any kind of clicking or ratcheting sound when you start or shutdown? Check out the ISC motor...search for threads on it, as that was a symptom I had just before I replaced mine...there are other things it could be as well, but that's what fixed mine...also check the fpr, by taking off the intake cover and turning the key to ON...DON'T START THE ENGINE WITH THE COVER OFF...it will run away at WOT. watch for a few minutes, and if any fuel drips out of the fpr nipple on top, it needs to be replaced. Much more detail on this as well if you search for it...but give those two a shot! Good luck...there are many on here who know a whole lot more than me, and I'm sure one of 'em will guide you in the right direction.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.