1996 sts - "NO IRC DATA"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 1996 sts - "NO IRC DATA" in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; does anyone know what this means? it came up when i was looking for diagnostic codes...there seem to be no ...
    sts15l7 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

1996 sts - "NO IRC DATA"

does anyone know what this means? it came up when i was looking for diagnostic codes...there seem to be no other codes...is this even a bad thing?

-Mir

oh in addition, do u guys know how many cycles the ignition has to go through in order for the codes to reappear? i think its 50 times for them to disappear, but im not sure bout them reappearing...thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mcowden is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 1996 sts - "NO IRC DATA"

Codes appear and disappear at different intervals and for different reasons. Some of them go away after 3 ignition cycles, others 50. Some don't come up until a test fails 10 times, others come up on the first failure. As for the IRC message you see, there's some kind of a problem with communication to the IRC module. I couldn't begin to diagnose that, but it may not generate any codes. At the same time, though, the IRC system is probably not functioning. I don't know what it is or what it does, but the message would seem to indicate it's not working. I'm sure somebody else will be able to explain that part.

Good luck...
    Mike

oh man, im such an ass. (thanks for the reply)

i think i know whats up. when i started my car i didnt have my radio plugged in. also, i think i read somewhere before that the radio has an essential part of the security system and/or one of the computers, and so this could just be happening cuz of that.

however, i still wanna know how long it takes for the codes to reappear. just wanna make sure everything is ok now

-Mir

IRC = Integrated Radio Module

i found that on another post, but it probably means integrated radio cluster or something...but yeah it has to do with the radio. it probably is just because i pulled out the radio

thanks mcowden

-Mir

mcowden is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Glad you got it, sts15l7... I guess I should have known what IRC meant, considering I've toyed around enough in the diagnostics to figure it out. Either way, let us know if you need any help...
    Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.