95 SLS how to check coolant levels?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 95 SLS how to check coolant levels? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I cant seem to find where to check the coolant level. I have the message check coolant level. So I ...
    halcyon026 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

95 SLS how to check coolant levels?

I cant seem to find where to check the coolant level. I have the message check coolant level. So I look and find what i think is the lid to the coolant and it says check bottle for coolant level... I cant seem to find this bottle it speaks of. The thing i think is the lid is on the far passenger side of the car.

Anyone know where to check the level?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: 95 SLS how to check coolant levels?

Look into the big res tank, pass side..... Look in the manual to see what the approx. level is supposed to be.....

halcyon026 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    OH! so im suppose to look inside it? Im use to a clear thing you can just look at. and the lid says "bottle" so i didnt think it was the black thing where it looks like the AC freon can sits.

cadfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 95 SLS how to check coolant levels?

The coolant resev. that you are looking for is on the pass side of the engine. It is a black container that you will not be able to see thru. You will noticed a small coolant hose running from near the cap to a pipe under the intake/plen. cover. Fill it just to wear you see coolant in the bottle. Over fill it, you will just lose the extra. You may need to tap on the resev. to loosen any air bubbles that will get trapped on the level sensor. It could take time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.