Northstar into Chevy Beretta swap
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By IXSLR8
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Northstar into Chevy Beretta swap in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Ok I've seen another thread on this but have not seen any updates from the guy. My question is, is ...
    90BerettaGTZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None soon to be Northstar beretta

Northstar into Chevy Beretta swap

Ok I've seen another thread on this but have not seen any updates from the guy. My question is, is what is the easiest a implicated Northstar to get for an easy swap as far as modifying the harness to make it work and or computer to get it to function well in my beretta? I have 2 Gtzs but don't wanna cut them up so a buddy is giving me his wreck 90 gt with what already has a 3.1L 5 speed in I'd like to do a Northstar swap since I have to hack the front end anyway. I'm pretty good at fabricated as I'm a bodyman, so mounting and fitting the motor is no problem, it's the engine management I'm worried about any help would be appreciated thanks Ryan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    PCM would have to go with it. You're a glutton for punishment, good luck

IXSLR8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Northstar into Chevy Beretta swap

Engine management is not hard anymore. There's a lot of Northstars in other cars, especially within the Pontiac Fiero community. I have two N*'s in two fieros. One using the manual transmission and the other using the Cadillac automatic tranny.

With the Auto tranny Fiero, I'm using the stock 1996 Cadillac computer with some features deleted, such as the rev limiter, passkey security, ABS, EGR and some other stuff. It runs fine so far with no real code issues. My manual car has aftermarket cams in the N* and uses an LS1 computer and a Shelby Series 1 tune by AJ here on the forum. It has a random stall issues that still need to be worked out.

There are other car platforms using the Northstar in their engine bay using engine management such as the Holley Commander (and newer self-tune version), mega squirt, and Haltech units.

Stick with the 1995-1999 engines and its fairly strait forward. Wester's up in Alberta and AJ (PCM Calibrators) here on the forum can modify your Cadillac computer for your application.

Would be a a lot of fun in a Beretta!
    drewsdeville and JoeTahoe like this.

04GrandAmGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 04 Grand Am GT,07 Cobalt(Dont Judge,My fuel Saver)

Re: Northstar into Chevy Beretta swap

Good luck, Personally i havent done any huge swaps, but anything and everything is possible with enough blood and sweat haha, if you have any mechanical questions, we here at Northstar Performance will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have to the best of our ability, Have a wonderful Day.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.