What mods is available for my 94 SLS ???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, What mods is available for my 94 SLS ??? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; What mods is available for my 94 SLS ???, im a new caddy owner and i notice a very impressive ...
    QC-Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What mods is available for my 94 SLS ???

What mods is available for my 94 SLS ???, im a new caddy owner and i notice a very impressive performance from this type of car but i want to improve it !, What is available at this time, air intake- exhaust- custom chip ????? Please let me know and where is the best place to find it, also i live in canada and i dont know if only canadian sls do this but when i reach 180 KM/H i found a cut-off, i cant go higher, what i have to do to remove this

thanx for your help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

32V_DOHC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: What mods is available for my 94 SLS ???

The best mods are low restriction exhaust (mufflers and high flow cat) and torque converter (something like a Yank.) Chips are available for your year but dont provide any additional straight line acceleration. If you want to remove the speed limiter that is in the chip. The bigger STS cams and gear set can be used with a different PROM but personally I prefer the SLS motor. The torque convertor is a great equalizer here. Also don't change the cams or increase the rev limiter without verifying that your year has the better valve springs. The early LD8 motors had weaker springs.

HTH

John

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

You will never gain the full 25hp from the cam change. Even if you did, your taller final drive ratio would limit what actual benifit it would have.

take a look at my reply to this thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...read.php?t=357

These sites, along with http://www.fastchip.com/ and http://www.superchips.com/html/mainpage/index.htm are the only real places to find aftermarket parts.

32V_DOHC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Change the chip cams springs and gear at the same time. This plus the 2000 RPM stall are the differences between the 275 and the 300 horse motor. Stock STS Zrated chip works just fine for the swap. I would not waste my money on an aftermarket chip.

John

skemp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Seville

Where would this 'chip' be found? I am speaking of the speed-limiting device. I have a guy with a 96 STS for parts that I could maybe swap one out for. Is this the PCM itself and will everything else function the same beside the speed limit?

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

That PCM will not work with your car since it is OBDII, and your car is OBDI. Even if it was from a 1995 STS (which is OBDI), the PCM would still not function properly with the engine in your SLS. This is because it is programmed for the different intake cam, timing, transmission,...ect in the STS. The OBDII cars, do not have a removable EEPROM chip like the OBDI cars did. This means that is must be reflashed with a scantool, instead of just swapping out a chip like the 1995 and older OBDI cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.