Bar's Leaks "Head Gasket Repair" - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree6Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Bar's Leaks "Head Gasket Repair" in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; He said he had aluminum heads but not a Northstar. 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 had cast iron heads. I gotta know. ...
    Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

Re: Bar's Leaks "Head Gasket Repair"

He said he had aluminum heads but not a Northstar. 4.1, 4.5, 4.9 had cast iron heads.
    I gotta know. What motor was it?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Not a Cadillac... Cadillac owners have more class
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Why does he not classify as a spammer?

Maybe he works for Blue Devil.

markhunter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Bar's Leaks "Head Gasket Repair" / Oil Additives

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    markhunter appears to have an axe to grind concerning Bar's Leaks products. Witness his other rant in Seville - a closed thread.

He dredges this Bar's rant up every few months - must have been a boring evening last night ......... I'll merge his essentially identical thread from Seville with this one. Lots of reading.
    Yahoo!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aztec ETC ECS View Post
    Maybe he works for Blue Devil.
    Maybe you can impersonate Bar's?
    But, the problem is, that you need a course in marketing lies
    Some others entrepreneurs, like Bar's, claims to have a product for your car and model, made on order
    But, are you there to see the product preparation on your order?
    I suspect, it contains all the same stuff, but on different bottles, using different labels
    That is also the complaints I seen on Bar's products, same product on different bottles and adding a colorant
    Bar's owner is from Calgary, Canada and he is an expert in selling stuff like that

----------

Yes, I'm having a boring time looking for jobs for Bar's people. Those old timers at Bar's will need a job, sooner rather than later

----------

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Not a Cadillac... Cadillac owners have more class
    Many years ago, Cadillac owners use to be middle class people, but later changed and new Cadillac owners, in large cities, were mostly gang members
    Also a couple of GM 4 doors cars, were owned only by gangs and nobody wanted to buy those cars. And if you do, you risked your life

geegeeburr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    They rarely ever come back to admit it did not work. habdallah19 hasn't been back since 9/13/10.
    I'm coming back to admit it doesn't work, for anyone else down the road who has to learn the hard way.

The snake oil we tried was K&W Nanotechnology, not Bar's, because I found some reviews that seemed credible that said K&W and Blue Devil worked. (Despite warnings from everyone at this site!) We tried K&W. We knew it was a last shot, and we weren't going to do the HG repair, so it was a nothing-to-lose scenario. We flushed the system about a million times first, because everyone who had success said they flushed their system A LOT. Our snake oil didn't clog the cooling system, but it didn't fix anything, either. We did lose something, though-- a whole lot of time. Everyone on here who says don't try the snake oil-- is RIGHT!

Re: Bar's Leaks "Head Gasket Repair" / Oil Additives

Quote Originally Posted by markhunter View Post
    Some others entrepreneurs, like Bar's, claims to have a product for your car and model, made on order
    I suspect, it contains all the same stuff, but on different bottles, using different labels
    That is also the complaints I seen on Bar's products, same product on different bottles and adding a colorant
    Bar's owner is from Calgary, Canada and he is an expert in selling stuff like that
    I don't need the course in marketing lies, YOU DO! You're the one that believed.

Have you stopped taking your medication?
    Are you an escapee?
    Or just plain stupid?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by markhunter View Post
    Many years ago, Cadillac owners use to be middle class people, but later changed and new Cadillac owners, in large cities, were mostly gang members
    Also a couple of GM 4 doors cars, were owned only by gangs and nobody wanted to buy those cars. And if you do, you risked your life

You never did say what car you had.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by markhunter
    Yahoo!

----------

----------

Yes, I'm having a boring time looking for jobs for Bar's people. Those old timers at Bar's will need a job, sooner rather than later

----------

Also a couple of GM 4 doors cars, were owned only by gangs and nobody wanted to buy those
    cars. And if you do, you risked your life

This is ridiculous

Except that last part, that was hilarious.

Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Click on markhunter's username and look at his 13 posts/threads/hijacks: Like a broken record.

For early history, here's the link to his first series of posts on the exact same subject in the Lounge - now closed. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...fix-ready.html

OneJoeRees is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado

I purchased a 99 Eldorado two weeks ago. After the typical symptoms I figured out it had a blown head gasket. I added Bars head gasket fix (product # 1111) a week ago and so far it has stopped all leaking. I will come back to this thread periodically to let everyone know how long the patch holds. Maybe I truly had a blown gasket (not the head threads letting go) so it will continue to work.
    I have read a mixed bag of testimonials with some repairs lasting 2 years and counting. That is what I am hoping for.

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k
    I hope you paid very little for eldo since it had bad heads. Seller told you?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Another '99

83CADMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 83 Eldorado, 90 Seville, 94 Concours

Quote Originally Posted by OneJoeRees View Post
    I purchased a 99 Eldorado two weeks ago. After the typical symptoms I figured out it had a blown head gasket. I added Bars head gasket fix (product # 1111) a week ago and so far it has stopped all leaking. I will come back to this thread periodically to let everyone know how long the patch holds. Maybe I truly had a blown gasket (not the head threads letting go) so it will continue to work.
    I have read a mixed bag of testimonials with some repairs lasting 2 years and counting. That is what I am hoping for.
    I heard that eggwhites mixed in with coolant will fix a cracked block. lol sucker!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.