Installed Magnaflows.........
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Installed Magnaflows......... in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hey all, I finally got around to getting an aftermarket exhaust, settled on the magnaflows... I love em, sound is ...
    95Concours is offline Expired eMail Address

Installed Magnaflows.........

Hey all, I finally got around to getting an aftermarket exhaust, settled on the magnaflows... I love em, sound is great, not to loud but 'musclely' enough to sound kickasz.... Not sure if I gained any worthwhile horsepower (anyone know), but the engine revs up easier/faster... I kept the stock tips for the stock look I wanted and only had them install the magna's where the original muff's were.. I love this car more and more, and to think I almost bought a Lincoln towncar instead...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Re: Installed Magnaflows.........

Sweet! I installed some Ravins on my old '94 Concours, but they were a little too loud for my taste! They droned too much when cruising. The Concours is a great car though, better than any Lincoln!

JSMeloche is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX V6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 95Concours
    Hey all, I finally got around to getting an aftermarket exhaust, settled on the magnaflows... I love em, sound is great, not to loud but 'musclely' enough to sound kickasz.... Not sure if I gained any worthwhile horsepower (anyone know), but the engine revs up easier/faster... I kept the stock tips for the stock look I wanted and only had them install the magna's where the original muff's were.. I love this car more and more, and to think I almost bought a Lincoln towncar instead...
    Do you have the full Stainless steel ones? or the alumenized ones? How is the drone at highway speed? I was looking toward buying the SS one myself. I already heard them and they sound killer but i do not want droning!!!

Not to bad at all, I kept the resonater in place.. If the windows are rolled up, there is a slight drone/rumble, having the radio turned up around mid level basically drowns out the exhaust... If you punch it, you'll here the roar, even with the windows up. Ill try and get a few sounds files later this week up for you. I bought the aluminum ones, didnt want to spend the extra cash for the shiny ones since you can barely see the magnas in the stock location. Cost me $240.00 ($92.00 per muff, $40 for install + tax) at Johnny Franklins.

hungryhippo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

good choice, thats what i use on my mustang. i'm still deciding what i want to use on my cadi though. i think an electric cutout would be awesome :coolgleam

I had them start up the car after they removed the muff's and give it some gas, it was way to loud and ratty for a Cadillac... Cant imagine how much louder if the cat and resonater were removed too.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

I'm going to put some Dynomax Super Turbos, Magnaflows, or Flowmaster delta 40s on my ETC this month. Whatever I can get cheap on ebay will be the deciding factor, I'll try using my friend's crappy wire feed welder to install them otherwise I'll take it to a real shop.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.