Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, trans code in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; can anyone shed some light on the code po56? what does it mean,how to correct it and does it affect ...
can anyone shed some light on the code po56? what does it mean,how to correct it and does it affect thr driveabilty of the car?how major or minor is this code.the car is a 95 sls with 116,000 on the clock
1. Codes p024, p075, and p091 NOT set
2. Trans not in neutral or park
3. engine running.
4. vehicle speed greater than 10 MPH
1. Input shaft speed 50 RPM or less for 2 seconds.
1. Turn on SES lamp
2. PCM calculates input speed based on output speed and gear ratio.
3. PCM calculates slip speed using calculated input speed.
4. TCC engaged
5. garage shift adapts frozen at current level
6. shift adapts frozen at current level
7. Torque management disabled.