Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jonrodman 
#1 ·
Morning guys, Question! What type of oil should I use in the car? 53k. Any suggestions besides what it normally takes? (95 SLS) Thanks hope everyone has a great day.

#2 ·
?

One more question i was checking my information center in the car and it says that the oil life is at 12%. I had the oil changed about 1500 miles ago at 52,768 the mileage is now at 54,400. but yet it again it only says 13% life left... I would think it would at least last 2500 miles before another change?

#3 ·
Re: ?

<3 my 95 SLS said:
One more question i was checking my information center in the car and it says that the oil life is at 12%. I had the oil changed about 1500 miles ago at 52,768 the mileage is now at 54,400. but yet it again it only says 13% life left... I would think it would at least last 2500 miles before another change?
Your owners manual will tell you how to reset the oil life percentage. Apparently it wasn't done at the last oil change.
:)

#4 ·
Re: ?

Usually you use one of 2 methods to reset the oil life indicator.......

Press the accelerator 3 times with the ignition in the on position (engine not running).........

Or

Scrolling through the DTC and reset it using the button on the dash....... Press and hold.........

Change interval is more important than oil type....... Dont think by using synthetic you can go 7k........ I would start using synthetic, it will keep sludge and varnish deposits to a minimum.......

#6 ·
Oil Life Indicator

elwesso said:
Usually you use one of 2 methods to reset the oil life indicator.......

Press the accelerator 3 times with the ignition in the on position (engine not running).........

Or

Scrolling through the DTC and reset it using the button on the dash....... Press and hold.........

Change interval is more important than oil type....... Dont think by using synthetic you can go 7k........ I would start using synthetic, it will keep sludge and varnish deposits to a minimum.......
Pressing the accelerator three times with the ignition in the on position did not reset the Oil Life Indicator. It still says Change Engine Oil now and Oil Life Zero.

Can you please detail the DTC process?

#8 ·
Re: lol

Thats it......

Jonrodman-- What car do you have.......

#9 ·
Re: lol

elwesso said:
Thats it......

Jonrodman-- What car do you have.......
Hi Snipes,

I have a grey 1996 Seville STS. I now have eight fresh quarts of Mobil 1 and a Mobil 1 filter on the beast.

The Oil life indicator also indicates 100% just like it should. Thanks for your help. It was all in the small Info Reset button. The large INFO button was not used in this proceedure.

Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.