Shops that specilize in head gasket repair.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Shops that specilize in head gasket repair. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Are there any shops around the country that are specifically known to do outstanding work on the N*? Preferred in ...
    BONNEVILLEGXP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Bonneville GXP

Shops that specilize in head gasket repair.

Are there any shops around the country that are specifically known to do outstanding work on the N*? Preferred in the Midwest. Also what are the procedures followed to best repair the problem for good. Any brands of stud kits that are better than others and so on. Also any preventative maintenance that would be advised while doing the head job? Thanks, your help is very much appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Shops that Specilize in Headgasket Repair.

I am sure there are many shops who can handle the work. It's not rocket science (though many shops are intimidated by the Northstar for some reason). Midwest is a big area. I know of two in northern Ill. (one shop and one Cadillac tech who does side jobs).

You can use Norm's NS300L inserts, Timesert's "big Serts", Northstar Performances studs or CCC's studs.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Shops that Specilize in Headgasket Repair.

There's a thread right next to this one that is germane - "Huge thanks .......". The Northstar head gasket sticky (and other Northstar stickies) in the Engines forum is the answer to the head gasket repair question.

Preventive maintenance while the engine is apart ??? Depends on mileage, parts measurement specifications vs. actual, oil weeps/leaks, oil consumption (rings/valve stem seals), timing chain slipper/tensioner/guide wear, any of a dozen other usual engine repair procedures.

IF the rest of the engine is/was tight, insert/stud installation and a top overhaul is all that's needed.

BONNEVILLEGXP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Bonneville GXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409
    There's a thread right next to this one that is germane - "Huge thanks .......". The Northstar head gasket sticky (and other Northstar stickies) in the Engines forum is the answer to the head gasket repair question.

Preventive maintenance while the engine is apart ??? Depends on mileage, parts measurement specifications vs. actual, oil weeps/leaks, oil consumption (rings/valve stem seals), timing chain slipper/tensioner/guide wear, any of a dozen other usual engine repair procedures.

IF the rest of the engine is/was tight, insert/stud installation and a top overhaul is all that's needed.
    To my amazement my N* burns no oil and the half case is hardly moist. The oil pan needs resealed however. 150K and the car runs smooth as silk as far as the actual internals go.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    I am sure there are many shops who can handle the work. It's not rocket science (though many shops are intimidated by the Northstar for some reason). Midwest is a big area. I know of two in northern Ill. (one shop and one Cadillac tech who does side jobs).

You can use Norm's NS300L inserts, Timesert's "big Serts", Northstar Performances studs or CCC's studs.
    At least in Wichita every shop that I've brought it to has just made problems worse. I would feel better doing it myself, but don't have all the tools needed. I'm thinking I'm going with N* Performance studs.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Re: Shops that specilize in head gasket repair.

Quote Originally Posted by BONNEVILLEGXP View Post
    Are there any shops around the country that are specifically known to do outstanding work on the N*? Preferred in the Midwest. Also what are the procedures followed to best repair the problem for good. Any brands of stud kits that are better than others and so on. Also any preventative maintenance that would be advised while doing the head job? Thanks, your help is very much appreciated.
    Midwest Cadillac Repair-Joe Blau-Palatine, IL.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.