Custom Intake Finished! - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Custom Intake Finished! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Real bad place for a filter dude. BTW, am I nuts or do you have a nitrous kit on this ...
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Real bad place for a filter dude.
    BTW, am I nuts or do you have a nitrous kit on this car?

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    I cant think of a worse situation, KC!!

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I.......Am Speechless!

Is your makeup running again?

Tears from the laughter!

Thats right. What could be worse than running out of twinkies on a rainy day?

playaman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Well... I'll just have to run w/ an umbrella to the store. hehe. I guess I'll need the running after eating a box of twinkies

Edit: You are correct. I'm currently running a 100 shot wet kit nitrous set up.

Have you ever gotten any E/T's with and without the kit? I'd be interested to see what kind of improvement you got.
    Also, I hope you're preparing for the head gasket R&R that is surely coming

No E/T's yet. I'm hoping for mid-high 13's on the spray. The ultiamte goal for the car is high 12's so I need some more mods to get me there still Any ideas anyone? Maybe custom heads/cam work

Earlier in this thread I made a remark that people should not try to change what they do not fully understand. This is a perfect example of what I was referring to! Having seen the photos of this intake I see NOTHING there that will improve this vehicle at all! To the contrary this car now has an intake outside under the car directly in the path of anything that bounces off the wheels or the wheels of the car in front..Great idea! Congratulations! You are now the proud owner of a fine american luxury car that you take a chance of destroying simply by the act of driving it under normal circumstances. These forums are partially here as a tool to use to learn about what will and will not work to improve your car and make it more user friendly. We've almost all said in one way or another that this IS a BAD idea! All I can say at this point is....Good Luck! Let us know when it grenades! I for one will be on record as having already said "I told you so"

jadcock is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2001 STS
    Hey, can I get in on that "told ya so" action too? :banghead2

That's fine.
    As such, you should not try to modify your car, because it is clear you do not understand the underlying principles of cold air induction.
    However, if I have to do a little more maintenance of my car in order to assure it's running properly, it bothers me not.
    It's a bad idea b/c I have to be more careful and maintain my car more often? Doesn't sound like a bad price to pay for the advantages it gives me.
    If you don't like what I do, don't respond.

jadcock is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2001 STS
    No, but I do understand the principles of rock induction, road grime induction, and induction of other road surface anomalies and know that I don't want those types of intakes on my car.

Dude, we're not saying that the idea sucks -- just that there might be a better place for the filter as opposed to suckin' ants off the road surface. If it works for ya, that's all that counts.

I understand what you're saying. BUT, I'd be VERY careful with an air filter positioned so low and in such a position. The dirt etc. is no biggie as you said. So you keep a closer eye on the filter, so what? The real problem is what happens to your engine if it were to ingest a significant amount of water (which can happen pretty easy with your filter location). Suddenly hydro-locking your engine would be disasterous.

I do have a suggestion that would make this work better. Raise the filter higher, and then put a hose over the filter going down to the road level. Then at the end put some sort of screen over that. That wouldnt necessarily eliminate the possibility for hydrolocking, but it would certainly help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.