Cadillac Owners Forum banner
12K views 88 replies 10 participants last post by  playaman 
#1 ·
After many hours of pondering what to do w/ my intake as far as upgrading it, I came up with what I think is an awesome idea for and intake, and it's free :)

Ok, so, remove all the piping of your intake from the airbos and on. By this I mean, silencer and the other portion that snakes around the car (on my 94 seville STS, anyways). Then, take out your airbox and grab a saw. Cut the bottom of the airbox out so it's just a huge open area to the air filter. The surface area is just as much if not MORE than a cone filter. The air filter still fits inside the desired place. So... in summary, take the bottom half of the airbox and make it completely open to air by cutting off part of the plastic. I'll see if I can get a pic sometimes today and post it. But, I have class right now. Lemme know what you guys think. Lata.

#77 ·
Ok...... But would you rather spend 5 or 10 dollars now or 8000 for a new northstar later????

#79 ·
playaman said:
If you plan on giving me that 5-10 bucks.... :)
Ha! :D

Does the metal work of the car itself prohibit you from moving the filter up and out of the way? Maybe simply shortening the pipe somehow will allow you to move the physical filter up and farther out of harm's way...unless of course the car itself and the size of the filter is prohibiting you from moving it up farther. It's true that a rock may not get through the filter that way, but it would suck to hit a piece of debris (even as small as a pebble) at 60 mph and dent the filter badly.

#81 ·
I think it should work ok

I've seen much worse bootie fab

#85 ·
We're not bickering Dude, We're just trying to save you a LOT of headaches later! Don't feel stupid look at all the brains you have to pick here!

#87 ·
Elwesso.
I just noticed where you live. Used to love your racetrack in Anderson. It was a noisy 'Bullring' and the Hoosier 400 would make us all deaf. This was earlydays of the ASA; late 70's.

Love the tracks in Indiana. Winchester was ,and probably still is.......... .Awesome!

....and I agree with what KC said.

#88 ·
Anderson speedway, ah yes. Been there many times. I usually go to the little 500, which is a race with midget cars. Also, i have been to the figure 8, that is fun to watch.

ANYWAY, BACK ON TOPIC.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.