Exxon valdez
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Exxon valdez in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Holy crap! My '94 is stored in my garage for the winter, I just peeked underneath for the hell of ...
    scott f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS/ 1994 STS

Exxon valdez

Holy crap! My '94 is stored in my garage for the winter, I just peeked underneath for the hell of it and noticed a huge oil leak in the middle of the engine area.
    Tomorroow a.m I guess i'll pull it out and have a gander. Could it be the oil filter adapter orings or what?? I'm not likin this Did an oil change a month ago level is at half way as required...Half case? Oil filter adapter? I'm worried

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Exxon valdez

Sure. That or the oil pressure switch or the most common leak points. Also check the oil level sensor and oil cooler lines (if so equipped).

Thanks Ranger, I will check those out... Just kinda freaked me out when I noticed the oil. It never leaked like that before, maybe a drop or two when sitting like this Oh and it does have cooler lines, it's Z rated

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

One thing to consider is that the oil filter adapter and pressure switch would not leak without oil pressure (engine running). If it's leaking that bad (engine off) then it has to be leaking from below the oil level. You said "in the middle of the engine". Don't overlook the drain plug.

Thank You very much for the help, I'll look into it in the a.m. and report back. Thanks again!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.