Issues with code P 0411 - 2006 DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Issues with code P 0411 - 2006 DTS in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I do not know if you guys have the issued that I have my dts has over 200k and got ...
    grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts

Issues with code P 0411 - 2006 DTS

I do not know if you guys have the issued that I have my dts has over 200k and got the code p0411 six mth ago. Change the smog pump the check valve the relay check for leaks.did not any no where. I have spend more than $300 trying to find the fix. Any one has a ideal what it could be. Ps I have a friend with the same problem he also did the same thing I did to try to fix it with no lk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: issued with code p0411

Help us help you and always post the code definitions along with the codes. No one has them memorized.

P0411 is air injection incorrect flow. I had done everything to fix it.

Re: Issues with code P 0411 - 2006 DTS

I'm not familiar with the '06 DTS. Does it have 2 check valves like it's predecessors?

Disregard. Just looked it up and apparently there is only one. I wonder if it somehow is stuck open? If it is, I would expect hose #6 & 9 to be hot.

I change the valve the next thing I'm going to do is going to replace both line 6 and 9 . I do not what to keep replacing part that re good. They are not cheap not even on ebay.

I can't see where replacing those hoses will help any.

If I am not able to find out what is wrong I'm going to trade in. I'm not getting another cadi.

Manic Mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille

Get a Lexus, it's going to cost a customer friend $2,300 in parts and 3+ hours labor to replace his AIR pump and valve block under the intake manifold of his wife's V8 luxury SUV at 85K. Any V8 Toyota uses the same set up and they go through so many all dealers keep them on the shelf. Be careful what you ask for.

Grullon, I have to ask since you didn't state it, is your AIR pump even working at over 200K? As a professional who works on these a lot I seriously doubt it. If the pump, #10 in the diagram above, located in the LH front fender behind the headlamp and ahead of the tire, doesn't spool up and hum for a a minute or so on every cold start it's probably worn out and non-functional. Even if it does chances are that it is no longer sealed from plenum to check valve. Mine was broken at 130K and I picked up another at Pick-A-Part self serve auto salvage for $15. That's one thing Cadillac has going for it, cheap accessible parts.

If it is and you actually have done everything to fix and diag this problem then I would suspect the AIR injection manifold and or ports in the exhaust side of the cylinder heads are carbon locked. The pump, hoses, and valves can supply air to the head but it carbon has built up to the point it blocks or restricts the passages in the head it won't effect the O2 sensor reading due to no flow. On this engine and chassis, it is a major repair. The manifolds would have to come off and the carbon be physically removed. You could try to push compressed air in down stream of the check valve and see if it meets resistance to check. If it's clogged up and has 200K on it then I might retire it myself.

Vernon

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k
    Dayum! 200k on an 06? Get rid of that pig.

I already push conpressed air though the valve port and it did not work . I tested the system with the gm scanner we turn the pump on and there was a change on o2 reading when it was on. And one more thing I buy american. If I don't buy another caddy I'm getting a lincoln.

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k

well, any other car with lower miles will probably have fewer issues. are you going to buy a new lincoln? i would like a new linc. heck, i would like any NEW car. but i dont really want to pay for a NEW car.

Quote Originally Posted by grullon10 View Post
    And one more thing I buy american.

No I'm in the livery service in new york that's why my car has that many miles. In this type of jobs I have learn that buy a new car it not woth it . On any car that put livery plate on lose it value a lot faster than any other car.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

You would be far better off with a Ford Panther vehicle - Crown Vic or Town Car.

They don't make them any more. I had 4 town cars before I got my dts. Now I understand why they use those type of cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.