Issues with code P 0411 - 2006 DTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Issues with code P 0411 - 2006 DTS in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; There are some really nice used examples on Ford/Lincoln dealer lots over in Annapolis. A friend has a 2008 Town ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Issues with code P 0411 - 2006 DTS

There are some really nice used examples on Ford/Lincoln dealer lots over in Annapolis. A friend has a 2008 Town Car - bought it used a year ago - and you cannot tell it from a new car. Mint, and not expensive - from the Ford dealer. He says he averages 18 - 20 mpg suburban.

grullon10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac dts
    Here in new york they are over price. I may have to take a trip down to viginia or maryland.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by grullon10 View Post
    And one more thing I buy american.
    :-):thumbup:

over the weekend the exhaust manifold was removed and it was notice that the channel that bring the fresh air into the head were clog with carbon. We put in a new one that I got in ebay at a great price. Also if any of you have taken a parts the head agaist the fire wall you could see where the exhaust gase come out there are holle that bring air in we try to clean it but it could be tdone with out removing the head. At this point it has cost me around $500 but if the head is to be remove it going to cost me a lot because we have to change all the time component. Wish me lk.

Manic Mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille

Those are the passages and holes I mentioned to you in my earlier answer. If they get clogged nothing you do to the external AIR plumbing will help and you have to pull manifolds. I can tell you that you or your mechanic should be able to clear the holes with the heads on. They are short (about 2" or less) and strait to the backside of the exhaust valves so clearing them should only require some sharp pics, drills bits, carb cleaner, and elbow grease.

Vernon

Thats what we are going to do this weekend. The other good thing of what we did is that I fits the timming chain that is was going bad.

Finally fits the problem is the small holes on the head by the exhaust manifold they get totaly clog get get clean you have to remove the exhaust. Loose the rack and when you get to the head clead those holes with a small drill tip or small flat head screwdriver my was so bad that we could not get the screw driver in with a lot of work we got it clean it working find now.

Thanks manic mechanic you where right they were complete clog.

Manic Mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille

Hey you're welcome but you deserve the credit for not giving up, digging deep and seeing it through. Now you can enjoy your Cadillac for many more miles.

Vernon

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.