Fuel pressure jumping up and down on my 1998 Eldorado
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Fuel pressure jumping up and down on my 1998 Eldorado in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I have a 1998 with fuel pressure 75 and jumps down to 45 and misses when it dose that.. what ...
    allenflucas@aol.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 eldorado

Fuel pressure jumping up and down on my 1998 Eldorado

I have a 1998 with fuel pressure 75 and jumps down to 45 and misses when it dose that.. what could that be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

car surging or missing

I have a 1998 Cadillac that started surging on me about a month ago.. I have changed fuel filter, fuel reg., plugs and wires. All for no help. I checked codes and got a P0175. I ran a fuel pressure check, it's running 75 psi but when it surges it drops to 45 psi.. its like it misses when it dose this.. thanks for any help..
    allenflucas@aol.com

Re: car surging or missing

thanks for the help.. and sorry if I did double post.. That 75 psi had me also.. but I don't know what the psi should be, Im thinking I may have a bad fuel reg. it's not really acting like a vac. leak. it don't do this until it warms up..

Fuel pressure jumping up and down on my 1998 Cadillac eld

I am new at this . but I need help..My 1998 cadillac eld. fuel pressure started jumping from 75 psi down to 45 psi. now I have put 2 pressure reg. on it already. and each one doses the same thing.. I got to this after the car started surging going down the road. I put a fuel filter on it, then plugs and wires and the fuel reg. then i checked the EGR valve, put new gasket on it. then another fuel reg. still the same thing.. the only code I got was P0175 rich. but with that fuel pressure jumping is when it seems to surge. I sure hope I can get some help on this.. thanks..

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Fuel pressure jumping up and down on my 1998 Cadillac eld

PLEASE don't start new threads for the same question - keep all this fuel pressure problem in one place. Thanks.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Fuel pressure jumping up and down on my 1998 Eldorado

I swear I answered this once before.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.