Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Intermediate Timing Chain Gear fit in Cadillac Engine Discussion; Can anybody tell me if some perceptable clearance of the gear to shaft is excessive? It fits well but if ...
- 01-12-13 12:55 PM #1Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
- Magnolia, TX (NW of Houston)
Intermediate Timing Chain Gear fit
Can anybody tell me if some perceptable clearance of the gear to shaft is excessive? It fits well but if I wiggle it up and down I can feel some play. The internal bearing shows even moderate wear with the copper showing through a faint bit.
I can't find any specs. I don't think it had any issues before tear down in the timing chains.
EDIT: never mind with assembly lube it's unperceptable and I'm not going to worry about it. Need to get this thing done.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- BlueDevil Products - Head Gasket Sealer
Head Gasket Sealer - 32 Oz.
- Edelbrock Performer Series - Carburetor
Carburetor - Performer Series; Carb
- Power Service Products Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost - Diesel Fuel Treatment
Diesel Fuel Treatment - 1:400 Treatment Ratio; Treats Up To 250 Gallons; 80 Oz.