Rough Idle After Retiming. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Rough Idle After Retiming. in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Opv is spring loaded and will try and seal normally. U may get a whistle sound while motor is running. ...
    stoveguyy is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k
    Opv is spring loaded and will try and seal normally. U may get a whistle sound while motor is running. I did change my intake due to leaky opv but I had a cracked mounting boss which was due to over tightening and when all was said and done, motor never idled poorly due to opv. No, I do not think ur rough running motor is due to intake issues.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: Rough Idle After Retiming.

I actually saw a spark by the battery from the drivers seat and the P0300 code showed up
    That was the overpressure valve releasing, the one you were told of in the previous posts.

joeycap is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Sedan DeVille

Re: Rough Idle After Retiming.

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping it was something relatively simple, but as my father used to say, "Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills the fastest". Anyway, I'll have to wait until warmer weather arrives here in northern Illinois to drop the cradle. Even though I have a 30x40 outbuilding and a 125,000 BTU forced-air unit the building is uninsulated and if the heater runs continuously it never gets above 46 degrees and it's a waste of fuel IMO. I have my eyes on a '95 DeVille a friend of mine owns with only 70,000 miles. It depends on how much he wants to negotiate. He wants $3000, but I'm thinking more like $2500. He said there is no indication of head gasket issues, but mine only had 79,000 when I bought it in 2010 and look where I am today. Love the car though. Being 6'4" and 250 lbs., the large car is perfect.

Thanks again for all of your wisdom and I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for all of you.

stoveguyy is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k
    Well your

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.