Volant Air Intake?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Volant Air Intake? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I was just thinking to myself, the K&N filter doesn't seem to do much with the stock air box. What ...
    danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Question Volant Air Intake?

I was just thinking to myself, the K&N filter doesn't seem to do much with the stock air box. What about that Volant Air Intake. I saw that they make one for the 01-04 Deville. Does anyone know if they actually provide any added performance over stock. I ask because I bet that it would fit my STS. The engine compartment is nearly identical, so I think it would fit. Just a thought.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

an01sts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Volant Air Intake?

I'm glad to pick up that tidbit about the K & N filter. You mean that it dont' do didilly squawt? I'll be sitting here with baited breath! I really want to hold off on the modified exaust as a performance upgrade. I'm sure that it works well, but I need stealth performance upgrades, stealth meaning that with the hood closed, no one can tell. That way, you can lie, lie, lie.

Over the last year or so, the K&N filter has been debated over and over again only come up with little or no performance gains. I decided to do my own experiment a few months ago. Since I needed a new air filter, I went to my local autozon and picked up a OEM style paper filter, Fram paper filter, and a K&N filter. I started at around 10:00 and ended around 4:00. First I put in the K&N and went and test drove my car. I pick out a route that I could drive in the exact same way for each filter. It more or less consisted of getting onto the highway and flooring it to 3 exits down and then taking the back roads back home. I then tried the Fram paper filter, and finally the OEM style paper filter. I repeated this three times in a row with each filter. Each time, the performance seemed to be the exact same, even with my Corsa exhaust, there was no difference. I then proceeded to put the K&N filter back in the box and brought it back to Autozone and returned it. I kept the Fram in, mostly because it was still in there when I got back, and packed up the OEM style paper filter toi keep as a spare for the next time I would have to change it. Over all, the K&N filter being used in the stock airbox is no more efficient than stock, other than the fact that it's reusable. I also felt as if the car had slightly less torque with the K&N, it just didn't seem to pull as hard. I now just use the OEM paper filter from the dealer.

The reason I was interested in theVolant was because it was built for this specific application, where as the K&N is more of a "one size fits all" kind of deal. The people over on the CTS forum seem to really like it. Not only the added preformance, but the cool sound also. I'm planning to give the company a call on monday to ask them if it will fit.

The Corsa isn't really incognito, but it does look and sound awesome! Everyday since school started 4 months ago, people are still asking me about it. They hear me roar past the way home and I guess it get them thinking. Then they ask me what kind it is and when I tell them, they say stuff like, "You flew past me last night and it sounded cool as hell", or "Damn, what the hell kind of exhaust you have on that thing, its sound awesome". I really get a kick out of that. I will post my find monday night afte I call them and let you know what they say.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.