Northstar Performance SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Northstar Performance SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Still waiting on Northstar Performance..... Has anyone else came up with another version of the head studs? I Just don't ...
    MaddysCaddys is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 STS, 2000 STS

Northstar Performance SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting on Northstar Performance..... Has anyone else came up with another version of the head studs? I Just don't understand why it takes that long to ship some studs.. feel like I was getting the run around all the time. Just be up front with people, say your backed up and its going to be a week or two before I can get those shipped out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Northstar Performance SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carroll Custom Cadillacs now has a version as well. See his link in the Authorized Cadillac Vendors section.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

...........and, in addition you can use Norm's Inserts with either ARP studs and nuts or OEM GM Northstar head bolts.

www.huhnsolutions.com
    vincentm and vincentm like this.

Thank you! Just got off the Phone with Custom Cadillacs, Finally someone that answers the phone and could give me a straight answer! For all you out there that plan to stud your Northstar Call Tim down at Carroll Custom Cadillacs. Jake at Northstar Performance has the worst customer service EVER EVER EVER! I am sorry I wanted to like Northstar Performance but I should of read the reviews on here first! He charged my card a week before he even shipped my studs. Then told me he would overnight them! Lie after lie after lie..... STAY AWAY FROM NORTHSTAR PERFORMANCE PERIOD!

beebop01 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): deville

head bolts and inserts work just as well as studs..

Manic Mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille

I tried reaching Jake at N* Performance through his web-site that he set up to achieve better customer service and less online cat fighting. My post was never posted, it has to be approved by him, and he never responded to me in any way. So after a month I called Tim Carrol at CCC. I didn't get him the first day but a few days later he figured out he had a message on a cell phone and called me back. I ordered from him since and they are due here by mail any minute as I type this. I think I'm better off not dealing with Jake. I thought that now that he had everything settled he could ship in a timely manner but I guess not.

I just received the necessary taps and drill bits. Tim offered them at a price Amazon couldn't beat but I was looking for that cool ratcheting large tap-wrench he uses in his videos also and found it for a steal at ZoroTools.com. $85 is $20 less than Amazon wanted and I got everything there.

Vernon

----------

Just recieved my studs from Tim, I told you any minute. I ordered Monday from Oregon and recieved Thursday in Texas. They look pretty sturdy. Hopefully I will have them installed by next week. It's slow here so I can work on mine. Tim was really helpful and told me to call him with any questions. He seemed a lot more serious on the phone than in his videos.

Vernon
    vincentm and vincentm like this.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Thanks for the feedback Manic Mechanic and MaddysCaddys.

Carroll Custom Cadillacs comes through as promised! Just got my Stud Kit, ordered it Wednesday afternoon got it before Noon Friday! "Express Mail" I do live in the same state but service and shipping was perfect! Time to get drilling and get this Deville back to its owner!

Thanks Tim!

http://www.carrollcustomcadillac.com

94CaddyConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR

Hey Manic, hows the repair going?

Manic Mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille

SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    I got the bottom end back together and sealed up to short block, only the RMS is not in yet. Then I got covered up during the week along with other things to do on the weekends. Friends/Family/my other car repairs, a wedding, got sick, out of town trip, Festival, etc. and on and on. I have three other running vehicles for me and my wife to use so the DeVille is just waiting. I have everything to get to long block status I need. I decided not to experiment on the torque convertor and just replace the TCC solenoid and stop there. It was looking to be over another grand to open the trans and learn how to do it myself. Everyone who would know advised against it also, too much work.

I miss it. Hopefully by the end of the year, holidays are hard to break away from but usually the Christmas to New Years stretch is dead and if so I'll really push it. Next opportunity to wrench is going to be spent studding the block.

Thanks for asking,
    Vernon

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

Sounds like me a lot. I have my 99 Deville opened up in my garage - since September - and it's still in pieces.

Good luck with your repair.

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Is it time for another update? Would everyone like to know what we've been doing to help the same Cadillac owners who have done nothing more than stab us in the back?

Evrett Janzen will be on here soon. He will be taking over the online customer communications as I am through with this. I have work to do, for those who have had a bit more understanding for the position I've been placed in and the challenges I've faced over the past few years. For those of you, I'm here to help you.

Maeng9981 you're a good man, I know this, but I do have enemies in this business and on facebook you are friends with one of the worst people I have ever dealt with. I have to question that. Do we owe you anything though? Did you not get your set of studs?

I couldn't care less what CF and the bunch thinks of me. When I needed help I was stabbed in the back. More than once. I did a test thread on here a while back and the first name to come up when questioned "what repair to use" was the same person who would like to see my lose the shirt on my back.

I will clarify again.

For those of you who have a bit of understanding what position I am in (believe me being in Canada does NOT make it easy doing business with the USA, try getting charged $1800+ to ship a stud kit GROUND, have the Purolator bills to prove they did this to me twice).

I almost gave up my house and home about a year ago to make sure this repair would be available to those decent people who are in need of it. Evrett knows. He's seen my finances.

Maeng9981, call me and ask to speak to me direct.

If I told anyone how many kits have shipped since July they would never believe me. And most arrived within a week's time.

I am making the necessary moves to ensure the success of Northstar Performance and to make sure that my loyal customers will be supplied in a timely fashion. This involves a location in the USA.

I may sound bitter. I have reason. All the people on CF only see one side of things. Spend a week in the shop and the office here. You'll get a very clear understanding. I love my job, I'm usually happy, but not after reading threads like this.

Need parts for your Northstar Engine? www.northstarperformance.com

Jake Wiebe, developer of the SureGrip™ Cylinder Head Stud Kit

04GrandAmGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 04 Grand Am GT,07 Cobalt(Dont Judge,My fuel Saver)

serverphoto1.jpg

This is Evrett J. any messages or concerns from here on will be directed through me, i will do the best i can to help you in any way. either email info@northstarperformance.com, or call 1-888-800-9470, leave a message if i do not answer and i will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

The attached photo is what we manufacture and ship in a typical day, these studs were manufactured last night and this morning, they will be sent out on the trucks today. We will do the best as we grow our business to supply the demand with the best products in a very timely manner, however when you are dealing in volumes like this, one part order that doesnt come in on time can delay up to 15 orders by up to 2 days.

Most customers who order their stud kit usually have there motor torn apart and are waiting for there studs, which means they are understandably more impatient to receive their kit. We understand this and we are doing everything we can to take care of our customers, this involves setting up distribution in the USA, which will come in place early 2013.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    Is it time for another update? Would everyone like to know what we've been doing to help the same Cadillac owners who have done nothing more than stab us in the back?

Evrett Janzen will be on here soon. He will be taking over the online customer communications as I am through with this. I have work to do, for those who have had a bit more understanding for the position I've been placed in and the challenges I've faced over the past few years. For those of you, I'm here to help you.

Maeng9981 you're a good man, I know this, but I do have enemies in this business and on facebook you are friends with one of the worst people I have ever dealt with. I have to question that. Do we owe you anything though? Did you not get your set of studs?

I couldn't care less what CF and the bunch thinks of me. When I needed help I was stabbed in the back. More than once. I did a test thread on here a while back and the first name to come up when questioned "what repair to use" was the same person who would like to see my lose the shirt on my back.

I will clarify again.

For those of you who have a bit of understanding what position I am in (believe me being in Canada does NOT make it easy doing business with the USA, try getting charged $1800+ to ship a stud kit GROUND, have the Purolator bills to prove they did this to me twice).

I almost gave up my house and home about a year ago to make sure this repair would be available to those decent people who are in need of it. Evrett knows. He's seen my finances.

Maeng9981, call me and ask to speak to me direct.

If I told anyone how many kits have shipped since July they would never believe me. And most arrived within a week's time.

I am making the necessary moves to ensure the success of Northstar Performance and to make sure that my loyal customers will be supplied in a timely fashion. This involves a location in the USA.

I may sound bitter. I have reason. All the people on CF only see one side of things. Spend a week in the shop and the office here. You'll get a very clear understanding. I love my job, I'm usually happy, but not after reading threads like this.
    Now youre asking Harry to choose sides? Who cares about friggin facebook man, get over it. Lets just keep these engines on the road...

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

This gets good.

Further research on our past orders reveals that MaddysCaddys is in fact Brandon Maddy out of Seattle WA. He ordered from us long before this post was ever on CF. His package was delivered Nov. 9, 2012

Enter this into your browser: http://www.northstarperformance.com/...rverphoto2.jpg and you will see the package progress.

Need parts for your Northstar Engine? www.northstarperformance.com

Jake Wiebe, developer of the SureGrip™ Cylinder Head Stud Kit

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.