Northstar Performance SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree10Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Northstar Performance SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Originally Posted by Submariner409 Are you aware that Sal no longer owns the site ? Go back 8 months in ...
    CadillacSevilleSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post

Are you aware that Sal no longer owns the site ? Go back 8 months in Site News and feedback.
    Okay so whomever is in authority should take care of it then.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Northstar Performance SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSevilleSTS View Post
    When does Sal finally say enough is enough and send Jake down the road? Too many forum members have been done too dirty by this guy....
    Okay so whomever is in authority should take care of it then.
    Blunt question, and anyone is free to respond: CadillacSevilleSTS, Have you personally had any business dealings with any of the parties in this thread ?? I went back through your 198 posts in CF and you don't seem to have had any head gasket problems....... (and, according to your posts in other threads, you haven't owned the STS for 2 months now.)

JoeTahoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 GMC SLT,Tahoe, Malibu LTZ, 99 STS studded with NP

just my two cents, I have delt with Northstar performance several times and all has been very good. Jake is a young man that loves cars and does car about his company. If all young peaple had his ambition this would be a very good thing. I have used Northstar Performance studs on 3 Cadillacs now. With the original plate, tap and drill. When the time comes I will use the same tooling on the next one. I have had zero problems with any studs not lineing up, cracked blocks or failures on any. They all run strong dont overheat or leak. I am a gm man always will be. If it was not my dealings with Jake two Cadillacs would have been scraped. I would not have ever bought my 99 STS and I would have never been a cadillac lover. But I did find out about Jake on this forum. This forum is a awsome tool and there are some very helpful people on here.
    I hope all works out for every one and happy holidays and have a great new year, Joe
    97EldoCoupe and 97EldoCoupe like this.

97EldoCoupe is offline Owner of Northstar Performance
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

If that's what this forum wants is me out, go for it. I can register again, and again, and again, from 200+ IP addresses. I can comment and post all I want.

For those people who are seeing this as a first, to re-cap:

1) I invented the Sure-Grip dual-diameter stud repair system that I sell
    2) I fix Cadillacs for a living using this repair kit
    3) I've never had a stud FAIL, ever. I've had ONE head gasket fail in all the time I've been doing this due to a damaged (knicked) cylinder head) and I repaired under warranty no charge
    4) my suppliers who used to make the studs for me failed to come through for me on timely delivery and quality standards so I purchased my own equipment to produce. There was a supply problem in late 2011/early 2012 because of this.
    5) during this time, someone else decided it was perfectly alright to copy, use, and re-sell something I have a patent pending on. Yes, the patent is still pending and will be until the USPTO says yes or no. For proof of this, so you don't all think I'm full of ****, search the patent database, Jacob Wiebe, Altona, CA for stud fasteners.....you will find me.
    6) because of the shortage of studs and the financial bind that put me in, and a couple of engine deliveries that I could not make in time because of this, I've gotten a bad reputation.

For those of you willing to give me the chance to prove I'm in this business to serve my customers and get their Northstars fixed properly with the best parts, I am here to help. Call or text me direct on my cell, 204-216-0011. Just please be reasonable with hours, that's my personal phone and I'm in central time.

For those who will listen to all of this backstabbing B.S. before learning the whole story, since I won't be getting your business anyways, good luck to you.

I used to spend $200/month to advertise on this forum + my platinum vendor fees. I've fixed XXX amount of Northstars (Only God knows right now, it's going to be hitting the four digits soon

I'm not asking for fame (nor do I want it) for inventing this stud kit design. All I've ever asked for is simple respect and a bit of understanding. I wasn't born rich. I'm not rich now. What I was born with is a hard work ethic, an appreciation for honesty and good people and a love for mechanics.

Merry Christmas, from Jake @ Northstar Performance.
    04GrandAmGT and 04GrandAmGT like this.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Oh crap here we go again....can we close this f'n thread already?

97EldoCoupe is offline Owner of Northstar Performance
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Can you learn to ignore something and click on other threads? This involves me, and not you. My company name is in the title. You're not involved.
    JoeTahoe and JoeTahoe like this.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    Can you learn to ignore something and click on other threads? This involves me, and not you. My company name is in the title. You're not involved.
    Youve mentioned my name and others in this thread, and tossed about ad-hominems and false accusations, so yes, it does involve me

Blunt question, and anyone is free to respond: CadillacSevilleSTS, Have you personally had any business dealings with any of the parties in this thread ?? I went back through your 198 posts in CF and you don't seem to have had any head gasket problems....... (and, according to your posts in other threads, you haven't owned the STS for 2 months now.)
    You misread. I still own an STS, but trying to sell it. A little hypocritical assuming I can't comment here? Have you ever had a Northstar head gasket failure? You are commenting as well. I'm simply a concerned citizen.

I have not had a head gasket failure in my car. Helped rebuild 3 other 1998 - 1999 Northstars up at Charlie's (the transmission man) - up the road. Big shop. Lifts.

The comment was NOT about the mechanical failure, but about the parts delivery times............... and I have been there, done that. You have not, so you're critiqueing hearsay, as in: Monday morning quarterback.

I have had some really long wait times from quite a few engine parts manufacturers - the Northstar head stud business is not the only aftermarket supplier type to run into problems - and when you're trying to get a commercial waterman back on the oyster beds, they don't take kindly to delays which cost them around $1,000 a day.
    JoeTahoe and JoeTahoe like this.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by 97EldoCoupe View Post
    If that's what this forum wants is me out, go for it.
    That was one persons comment. NOT the view of "the forum".

The comment was NOT about the mechanical failure, but about the parts delivery times............... and I have been there, done that. You have not, so you're critiqueing hearsay, as in: Monday morning quarterback.
    I also have dealt with long waits on parts. Hearsay? I think any jury would take Jake's bad customer service to be fact at this point. This has been going on for at least 3 years that I know of. I lurked for years before I ever created an account. I can't count the number of complaints on both hands. There have been numerous threads with complaints about Northstar Performance that were deleted throughout the above mentioned timespan.

What Jake doesn't get is the biggest problem from an observer and potential customers standpoint is not the complaints, but how he responds to them. Anyone with business sense knows in a public forum they should simply publicly apologize and offer a resolution. Yet Jake always acts like a teenager. He gets upset, makes excuses, acts like everyone is out to get him, and does everything in his power to get the complaint removed. The worst is I have saw him on more than one occasion give the customers name out without permission and even location. I am not sure if that is illegal in Canada, but he is violating US privacy laws doing so.

Just for the record, the only time threads where closed or removed was when they got out of hand and into name calling and bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Just for the record, the only time threads where closed or removed was when they got out of hand and into name calling and bashing.
    Why were they not just closed?

I can't recall anymore. I believe some where closed and some deleted for varying reasons.

There have been numerous threads with complaints about Northstar Performance that were deleted throughout the above mentioned timespan.
    Why were they not just closed?
    Read: Posts. .......... and you neglected to mention the posts from others - including Jake - on the same subject which were deleted when the tone of the conversation went into the gutter. Pardon my French, but when threads forgo information and degenerate into a "pissing contest" between antagonists either the thread gets closed or really inappropriate posts get deleted/edited. It takes nearly an Act of Congress to merely delete an entire thread of information.

No one denies that there has been a lot of business contest between the stud manufacturers and their delivery times arguments. My take ?? Put the antagonism to bed and let the market determine the winner.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.