Northstar Performance SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Northstar Performance SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Im so sick of this fighting between CCC and NP....
    vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Im so sick of this fighting between CCC and NP.

97EldoCoupe is offline Owner of Northstar Performance
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Re: Northstar Performance SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandon ordered October 23, Delivered November 9th. Yes. I would like to see delivery times improve. This is still considered very reasonable in my eyes. I have to wait on parts too, I get parts shipped in from California, often it takes two weeks to get here. I'm waiting on an order of valves and threading taps right now. I guess it would help a great deal to call up the companies and b*tch them out or go on a public forum and complain.

You know what? I'm more decent than to do that. I will simply wait and next time order a bit sooner to account for any delays that may occur. A while back I had to wait 3 weeks for wheel bearings for my 2010 Sierra because of the hurricane that struck NY. My goodness I should be furious with RockAuto right? Nope. They provide me with good parts at reasonable prices, even if sometimes I have to wait.

As for customer service. We are busy. Beyond belief. Expanding at the rate we can.

We get very positive reviews from our products and since we started machining the studs in-house, we've had great feedback on them and great results.

Tim, Vince, many others (Ranger and Sub included it seems) would like to see us go down. No. It won't happen. I supply so many GM dealerships and repair shops, you don't hear all the good. Only the bad.

So either stay with me and help us to help our customers and fellow Cadillac owners or keep shooting at us. I don't care.

Dont throw Ranger and Sub into this and start bad mouthing them man. I wont stand for that, theyve offered links to your company and CCC they just care about helping, and not being involved in this petty dispute, get over yourself man.

Can we at least be a bit more mature in posting this? Personally id like to see this thread closed

MaddysCaddys is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 STS, 2000 STS

I ordered it on the 23rd of October and you shipped it out a week later. I had to call you guys repeatedly to find out what was going on with my studs.. NIGHTMARE DEALING WITH YOU GUYS!

----------

Close it then! Just speaking the truth here.

DirtyMax is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DURAMAX

Don’t delete this thread, I don’t see any false accusations here on behalf of the correspondence between MaddysCaddys and Northstar Performance. I personally know Maddy and I know the exact vehicle that he was working on at the time of this purchase. Maddy was simply trying to keep his customer happy (who was an expecting, mother to be) and relying on his vendors to help him accomplish that. If you, Jake, as a vendor cannot provide the service that you claim you can provide then GET OUT NOW because you WILL go under and not have a pot to crap in. You need to recognize you’re losses and run. Maddy simply found a vendor that stated a claim and held up to the responsibility of it by providing a better service than you. Carroll’s Customs told them that they would have the product to him by a specific date and they did which allowed Maddy to get the vehicle back to the customer. Northstar Performance gave Maddy’s THE RUN-AROUND! Making this claim, making that claim, telling him one thing and doing another, this is horrible business etiquette. Jake, I have no idea who you are as a person but you represent a company and that company is losing customer’s because of their lack of etiquette and service, this is not Maddy’s fault, he just came on here and told the truth. Keep in mind my friend, you stabbed him in the back, he had a customer harping on him to get the car done(keep in mind a pregnant woman) therefore he is harping on you to get him the parts(which he ordered before he even laid a finger on the car) you told him you would provide the service(promising overnight delivery) and you FAILED! Meanwhile Maddy now has the car torn down and ready for studs and he is waiting, not only taking up one bay in his shop, losing business, but creating an unhappy customer, not with Northstar Performance, but with Maddy’s. So he had to source other means of customer satisfaction, which is exactly what you should learn how to do, and found a company that can provide what they promised. Word of mouth is everything in this world, Jake, and the only things that I have seen and heard is Diarrhea of the mouth about you. The internet, text messages, phone calls and e-mails are all the facts of life and the modes of communication throughout daily business. Buck it up, suck it up, pull your tampon out, put your big girl panties on and apologize for your horrible customer satisfaction. Don’t make excuses; just make it right if you want to survive.

Thank You For Your Time In This Matter.
    PS- Keep in mind just from what I have heard and read, Carroll’s Customs would be my first choice if I needed parts. But that’s all null and void, I’m a diesel guy, can’t stand gas pods!

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Keep it civil, keep it factual and stop name-calling or the entire thing goes in the trash.

NO ONE in here is so thin-skinned that they can't recover from honest criticism - but please keep that criticism out of the gutter.

Public forum, public reply
    : "Jake, don't burn all your bridges." (Yes, I have personally done business with Jake and was very satisfied with the result - but when friendly acquaintances get in the way of the mission of CF, the "friendly" goes down the drain.)

tateos is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 ETC (GAVE TO STEPSON 2011), 2000 DTS (RIP)

I have nothing against Jake - he seems to be a well intentioned young man, and I think he has a good product. I have read many posts that relate problems that I would mostly characterize as customer service issues. If he has addressed and resolved those issues, that's great - I am truly happy to hear that. When I did my HG project, Jake's stud system was not available - I had the choice between Time-Serts or Norm's. I chose Norm's, received them in 2 days at no additional charge, installed them (and stock head bolts) without a hitch, and my stepson still drives the car (97 ETC) daily - 5 years later! I think Jake's system could theoretically be better than Norm's...but I wonder if that translates into any real world benefits? Again, I'm not talking smack about Jake - just telling you my experience and thoughts.

RM

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Tim, Vince, many others (Ranger and Sub included it seems) would like to see us go down.
    Whoa, hold on there pardner. I have no dog in this fight and if you reread post #2 you'll find that I (and Sub) merely answered the question asked in post #1 and never said anything derogatory about you or your business in this or any other thread. Just for the record Jake, I DO NOT want to "see you go down". I wish you nothing but success. I am sure that I speak for Sub as well.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by tateos View Post
    I think Jake's system could theoretically be better than Norm's...but I wonder if that translates into any real world benefits?
    This is a very important question that cannot be answered right now, and I've asked myself the same. There's some very tight competition between Jake and a few other alternatives. The product offered by all accomplishes the same thing - therefore the real difference in experience will lie on the customer service side of things. Whoever offers the customer the best overall experience will win, and the overall experience goes FAR beyond the product itself. The product does NOT define the experience.

It's all the beauty of free enterprise.

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

I would like to say first that this all started out of a simple miscommunication. This is a forum and I could care less about what the original poster said on the original post. Sorry if that sounded like I was talking bad about your company Jake - I didn't mean to say the delay was because of your company; when I originally wrote that reply, I was talking about how lazy I am and me not having any progress. You'll see this if you read the post before me, he was talking about how his repair is taking long because of too much work.

I received everything I need from your company as always, and I am satisfied. I'm sad to see threads like this, because the stud kits I've ordered always arrived in timely manner. But I see how you'd understand my reply like that since the topic started out as a complaint. Should've been more clear, or should've not replied on this at all.

Since Facebook is involved here - if you found me on facebook, don't just look and read what's available, add me as a friend. That's probably the fastest way to get in touch with me.

I wish not to take sides company wise- everyone's just trying to help other Northstar owners here. It IS tiring to see people posting about how bad one company is. If you have complaints, then file a complaint with the company!

Now let's rephrase post #11:
    Quote Originally Posted by maeng9981
    Sounds like me a lot. I have my 99 Deville opened up in my garage - since September - and it's still in pieces because I didn't do anything in Oct/Nov/Dec.

Good luck with your repair.

CadillacSevilleSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS
    When does Sal finally say enough is enough and send Jake down the road? Too many forum members have been done too dirty by this guy....

By saying Tim Carroll, Sub, Ranger and myself wanting to see Northstar Performance go down, is playing the victim card. Id love to see a single post from any of us mentioned stating so

DirtyMax is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DURAMAX

I have been doing this stuff a long time and so has Maddy. Maddy's shop was started in the 50's by his grandparents and he has been there since he was probably 15 years old. Vendors are your life force in this business and customer service is everything. I wouldn't expect anything less than to comment on the experience he had on a public forum to notify others before they make the same mistake! I wish no one the dive in this day and age, hope Jake takes this post as constructive criticism and does something about it instead of coming on here and bad mouthing the people that he owes an apology to. Just sayin.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSevilleSTS View Post
    When does Sal finally say enough is enough and send Jake down the road? Too many forum members have been done too dirty by this guy....
    Are you aware that Sal no longer owns the site ? Go back 8 months in Site News and feedback.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.