Question about Corsa exhaust
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Question about Corsa exhaust in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Question for anyone who could help me out here. Whhat would prevent me from using the '99 and newer Corsa ...
    RealmCenter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Question about Corsa exhaust

Question for anyone who could help me out here. Whhat would prevent me from using the '99 and newer Corsa STS system on my '97 STS? Diameter, Routing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Re: Question about Corsa exhaust

It's the way the pipes run to the back and where the hangers are positioned. If you wanted, I'm sure you could get it to fit. You would just have to take the tips, mufflers, and resonator and build them around a custom setup. Since all of the pieces in the Corsa exhaust system are designed to clamp together, I don't think this would be too difficult. Any good shop that is experienced with exhaust work should be able to put it in for you. I haven't heard of anyone doing it yet, but it seem like it would work. Good luck.

Rick99STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I can't say enough good things about my Corsa exhaust. I look forward to driving the car much more since I installed the exhaust. Good luck.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

It sounds really loud on the website... Does it drone?

Rick99STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Read through the technical stuff on the Corsa site, the exhaust noise is certainly comfortable inside the car. Its designed to pump the sound rearward. Its only loud when you want it to be and you can carry a normal conversation inside the car except when you are at WOT. Nice mid to high powerband increase too.

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

It's not very loud at all while cruising. I did noticed that the car seemed to be a bit faster than before I had it. I've had no problems listening to my music or talking to friends in the car. Sometimes, I just turn off the radio just to hear the exhaust.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

And you certailny dont need a 10 speaker bose system to hear that!

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

My 'ol dodge hasn't had a stereo since I got it...sometimes, though, I wish it had had something different than straight pipes when I drove it the forty five minutes to basketball games over the summer...big block mopars without mufflers are LOUD!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.