2006-2009 DTS Common Problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By maeng9981
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 2006-2009 DTS Common Problems in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Hello all, I have a 2000 Deville and I am considering a 2006-2009 DTS. I was wondering what the common ...
    postman2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS 2000 Deville

2006-2009 DTS Common Problems

Hello all, I have a 2000 Deville and I am considering a 2006-2009 DTS. I was wondering what the common problems on these cars are. Do they have the same issues as the 2000-2005 Deviile's? My car has had basically every problem that is common on those cars..just want to see what I would be getting myself into with one of these DTS's..Thanks for your time fellow Cadillac brethren....

I originally posted this in the DTS forum but apparently no one over there cares to answer me...I figured I would try here, sorry for the double post but It seems like the most knowledgeable people hang out in this forum and I really would like to know what im getting myself into..Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Re: 2006-2009 DTS Common Problems

I'm not entirely sure if they've had enough road time to tell. So far, no. I've only ever heard of ONE with HG issues. That's it.

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

Re: 2006-2009 DTS Common Problems

Most of the earlier troubles seem to be fixed, though the model's not old enough to tell for sure. Other than the '93 Northstar technology was a little bit outdated in 2005-2010, it should be fine.

What would've been great; a 6T70/75 equipped with a FWD Northstar, and several updates to improve performance (though as a FWD, 300 hp is adequate), but the model and the engine were both planned for its extinction.

They could have at least kept the RWD Northstar; and make a DI version out of it, bolted with a 6L80. N/A ~360 hp / ~350 lb*ft ? Not bad for a luxury V8 RWD, and probably will still get decent MPG just like the old Northstars did.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.