Looking for Northstar experts in or around Atlanta, GA
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Eldorado_RED
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Looking for Northstar experts in or around Atlanta, GA in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Greetings. I was wondering if anyone is in or near the Atlanta, GA area that can help me out. I ...
    Eldorado_RED is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Looking for Northstar experts in or around Atlanta, GA

Greetings.

I was wondering if anyone is in or near the Atlanta, GA area that can help me out. I have a 97 Eldorado ETC that has been sitting for the past 3 years and I finally have the funds to try to put it back on the road. The first engine had head gasket issues and was replaced with a second, used engine that lasted for about 2 years but its the same issue again with the head gaskets. So my question is, would it be wise to have an expert redo the gaskets or replace it with another used or reman engine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

98eldo32v is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next

Re: Looking for Northstar experts in or around Atlanta, GA

Stud it, pm me

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Don't mean to rub salt in the wound, but if you had replaced the HGs on the first engine (properly) it would still be running without problems. This is a perfect example of the devil you know vs the devil you don't. I suspect it will be cheaper (not cheap) to replace the HGs than to replace the motor. Just be sure that whoever does it has done it before (on a Northstar) and will insert (NOT Helicoil) or stud all 20 bolt holes.

98eldo32v is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next

^^^^^^^ that is correct Ranger.

The engine should have been studded or inserted. I prefer the stud method.....

Eldorado_RED is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the advice Ranger,

Unfortunately, I was ignorant to the fact and did not have all these great resources that I do now. Plus it was so hard to find someone that knew what they were talking about or doing in my area. I will get it right this time around and get the heads done.
    98eldo32v and 98eldo32v like this.

beebop01 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): deville

I am driving thru Atlanta, GA in a couple week heading back to Indianapolis . I would be more than happy to pick the car up and fix it for you.

Dollar Bill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Eldo ETC, 1956 CDV, 1958 Biarritz

Randy's Automotive in Marietta. Very knowledgeable, talk with andy or Carole. They only work on Cadillacs. Somewhat cheaper than a dealer. Very good.
    https://plus.google.com/101422684820...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Also suggest getting into the Peach State Cadillac Lasalle Club. Contact Doug Bailey, for membership info, at the end of the link below. Very active club with a lot of members willing to help if you want to work on your own car.
    http://peachstateclc.com/index.htm

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.