Top Speed Reached - Fuel Pump Shutoff at 105mph?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Top Speed Reached - Fuel Pump Shutoff at 105mph? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I have a 1996 Sedan Deville N*. A message appeared the other day stating that "Top Speed Reached" "Fuel Pump ...
    outlaw1369 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Eldorado 1996 Sedan Deville

Top Speed Reached - Fuel Pump Shutoff at 105mph?

I have a 1996 Sedan Deville N*. A message appeared the other day stating that "Top Speed Reached" "Fuel Pump Shutdown". I was crusing along at 100-105mph when this happened. I have had the car up to 120mph in the past. Any ideas why this has happened? Vin is 1G6KD52Y7TU292694 how do I determine the HP\motor from the vin number? My girlfriend was in the glove box and my have pushed the valet button. Would this have any affect on the top speed of the car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Re: Top Speed Reached - Fuel Pump Shutoff at 105mph?

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw1369
    I have a 1996 Sedan Deville N*. A message appeared the other day stating that "Top Speed Reached" "Fuel Pump Shutdown". I was crusing along at 100-105mph when this happened. I have had the car up to 120mph in the past. Any ideas why this has happened? Vin is 1G6KD52Y7TU292694 how do I determine the HP\motor from the vin number? My girlfriend was in the glove box and my have pushed the valet button. Would this have any affect on the top speed of the car?
    1G6KD52"Y"7TU292694
    Vin Y engine
    Dont think the valet switch would affect the top speed shut off. I thought that 112 was the limit set for that engine.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

112 is my understanding as well but then when your at 105 what's another 7 MPH

outlaw1369 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Eldorado 1996 Sedan Deville

Is there any way to change the top speed? I had the car up to 120mph in the past. I put new tires on the car and now it will only go 105mph. The old tires were the wrong size. How is the speed measured? Transmission? Crank sensor? Wheel sensor?

In short, no. But, there is a company offering some mods to OBD II depending on your vin #. Havent heard of anybody on this board doing this yet. If you had the vin 9 300 HP engine, I believe it could be re-flashed to z rate which would elinate the speed limiter.

Do a search, something like "top speed" or something to that affect. A thread dealing with this subject comes up very often.

Funny thing is, the best option I have heard is to sell your car and apply proceeds to a vin 9 engine equiped model. Only thing is it has to be a "T" model ie. STS, DTS, or the Pre 93 non-N* Seville or Fleetwood with the LT1.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

All vin 9's are not unlimited. It depends on if the car came from the factory with "Z" rated tires. I think that was optional if I am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    All vin 9's are not unlimited. It depends on if the car came from the factory with "Z" rated tires. I think that was optional if I am not mistaken.
    You are rite Ranger. I have the Z rate, with out the Z rated tires rite now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.