Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Transaxle leaking

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  98eldo32v 
#1 ·
Took her into Firestone for free rotation and balance and they pulled me into the shop and with her on the lift pointed out to me a leak from what appears to be coming from just above the transaxle pan facing the passenger side. I forgot to take a pic, but the mechanics their can't seem to pin point it, and just wanted to give me a heads up. looks like just a weep at this point, i'll try to get her up on stands sometime this week and take a pic.

#6 ·
Check the speed sensor as Manic Mechanic stated.

Since it's on the passenger side of the vehicle, check also that the cooler line that attaches to the top of the trans.

I replaced my seals, and the right one was a beast to get out. I happened to have the seal installers, I couldn't see myself putting them in without them.

WARNING, those axles are in there good. Since it's the right side you may get away with the "pry bar" technique. I had bought a cv axle puller that I modified to fit those axles.

Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.