Anybody notice? Bbob - not driving a Caddy?!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Anybody notice? Bbob - not driving a Caddy?! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Did you look at his Ownership line? He's a proud owner of a 2005 Bonneville GXP! At least it has ...
    peteski is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 Eldo Biarritz

Anybody notice? Bbob - not driving a Caddy?!

Did you look at his Ownership line? He's a proud owner of a 2005 Bonneville GXP!

At least it has a N* based engine... But much less horsepower, right?

I wonder who GM is hoping to attract with the GXP? Somehow, I don't see young (20-30 year old) people going for it.

Maybe they are trying to compete with the new Ford 500?

Peteski

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Re: Anybody notice? Bbob - not driving a Caddy?!

I did notice that...but didn't really think anything of it...

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

The new GXP uses the LD8 engine. This is th one used in cars like the SLS, ESC, and DHS. It still has the same 275hp, but I believe it transmission is set up similar to the STS (correct me if I'm wrong Bbob). It also has a more sporty suspension setup as well.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Who Cares?... He is a great contributor to the forum, I dont care what hes driving.

For the record, the GXP is a good car for him, especially since I know hes a big fan of the NS motor. The advantage of the GXP is I believe it combines the standard NS with the same gearing that one would find on the STS, so that you can take the most advantage of low range torque.

Chairman_of_thebored is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm a GM guy and glad to see he stayed within the "family".

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Nice car but I just can't go for a FWD car unless it's just a cruiser. Anything with even the slightest degree of sportiness MUST be RWD for me. The Pontiac is a nice car though, although a little pricey IMO.

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Katshot, I know your Fleetwood has balls, but for an automobile of that size and girth, sporty does not come to my mind.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Quote Originally Posted by peteski
    Did you look at his Ownership line? He's a proud owner of a 2005 Bonneville GXP!

At least it has a N* based engine... But much less horsepower, right?

I wonder who GM is hoping to attract with the GXP? Somehow, I don't see young (20-30 year old) people going for it.

Maybe they are trying to compete with the new Ford 500?

Peteski

You....ah....been asleep or something.....LOL

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...&highlight=GXP

I defy anyone to drive the GXP and tell me it is not "sporty" enough for them.

It is an excellent package that is highly underrated by all the whine and cheese types that refuse to consider a car unless it has RWD. It is great in dry weather, will give you nose bleed cornering and....guess what....when it was snowing this morning I was BLOWING past all the RWD cretins creeping along at 40 MPH in the slow lanes....LOL. Anyone who insists on RWD must never have to drive in the snow or slippery conditions. That car will run rings around any other car type vehicle in the snow and still has 90% of the capability of even the best RWD cars of it's size on the track in the dry. Honestly, if you rememeber all the hype over the STS pace cars at LeMans...???....the GXP is the closest you'll ever get to actually owning one of those.

peteski is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 Eldo Biarritz

No I wasn't asleep - I do have an excuse. I don't read every forum on this website, so I didn't see your posting.

Thanks for the pointer to your original thread - it was good reading!

I'm also not trying to pick on Bbob - so ease up guys!

Personally, I don't care too much for the looks of it. Looks like an average car. Nothing that says "I'm a Pimpin' Caddy" LOL

But seriously, I'm an Eldorado man. But I like them stock - not accesorized. I wish I could afford (and have a place to store) one of the early FWD Eldos. But I'm happy with what I have...

Peteski

blb
    blb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have to agree with peteski's comment on Pontiac's styling these days. In the 90's there was so much gee wiz 'boy racer' plastic cladding and bolt on spoilers on those cars it was enough to make you puke. Now they have gone 180º the other direction and the GXP and GTO are so sedate and bland, that they get lost in the crowd. What ever happened to tastefully understated, which would be somewhere in the middle of the two extremes? Imagine how many additional sales could be made if they had styling AND performance in one package?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.