1998 caddy STS fixed wp pulleys & belt. More issues!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Dastro79
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, 1998 caddy STS fixed wp pulleys & belt. More issues!!! in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Ok thanx everyone 4 providing me with details & info on repairing my wp drive pulley & tensioner. I had ...
    Dastro79 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Seville STS

1998 caddy STS fixed wp pulleys & belt. More issues!!!

Ok thanx everyone 4 providing me with details & info on repairing my wp drive pulley & tensioner. I had to wait on parts & rent the tool from auto zone. Here how it looks now.... All fixed & put back togther.

Attachment 97098

Attachment 97098

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

I got the wp pulleys done Monday. I didn't drive it 2 test because I stripped the oil drain plug & couldn't change the oil. Tuesday morning I got the oil changed & bought new drain plug. I drove the car Tuesday & Wednesday all day to & from work & few other places. It drove like normal ( excellent!!!) I came in about midnite last night & car was fine. This morning I went to fire her up & bag her into the driveway..... I put in reverse & she jerked hard into gear at a high idle. After running about 5mins, check engine light popped on. Normally, I can get the engine light out cause it pops on from time to time because of that speed sensor. You know.... just hold down those 2 buttons and reset the engine light. Now with this high idle & jerking into gear, it won't reset the engine light is on steadily! The error codes I'm getting are: IPM B1340, IPM1343, PCMP0123, PCM1121. I don't know if these codes represent the newest problem but here goes that domino effect..... fix one thing then all hell starts! Lol

Re: 1998 caddy STS fixed wp pulleys & belt. More issues!!!

The car is idling up and down. It goes up to 1500rpms then down to 1000rpms repeatedly. I checked trans fluid & it was good. There is a hose/tube that is just hanging freely. I didn't really notice this until after I fixed the water pump pulleys. I dont think I saw this before when I would just randomly pop the hood. Her's the tube I'm talking about. I dont know if it has anything to do with the idling problem & engine light being on tho.....2012-09-06 10.48.53.jpg

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

That's the transmission vent. Supposed to be clipped to the side of the throttle cable bracket. See that black plastic U there ?? Wire-tie the vent hose (not the wiggle cap) to that clip.

Your WP picture attachments are dead.

The P codes refer to the TPS - Throttle Position Sensor - high voltage codes. That sensor is on the side of the throttlebody next to where you were working on the WP drive pulleys - did you unplug or hit any electrical connectors ??

Slightly different engine, but close ...... TPS location pictures in my albums - click my username, open the profile. 2 albums, 6 pages in the left column.

Always post your code definitions and whether each is Current or history - use this - the other code types (B,C,U) are at the top of the page - http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2p.html#pow

OOOOOK!!!! Thanx for the heads up. It was a connector just slightly unplugged. I guess I hit a bump or sumthn loosened it up just enough last night for it to cause the difference in the performance because it drove beautifully since I fixed the wp components & changed the oil.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Dastro79, I started a new thread up in Seville - concerning your air blend door problems - you'll get more hits there than in "Engines".

Look for "1998 Seville - Air blend door problems"

barrylee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Seville SLS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastro79
    OOOOOK!!!! Thanx for the heads up. It was a connector just slightly unplugged. I guess I hit a bump or sumthn loosened it up just enough last night for it to cause the difference in the performance because it drove beautifully since I fixed the wp components & changed the oil.
    oh man i just shot marvin in the face.
    you what? what the . did you do that for?
    I didnt mean to do it, you mustve hit a bump or somethin...

love that movie

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.