Help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Help in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I Just Got A 1995 Eldorado I Think The Man I Bought The Car Reset The Computer On This Car ...
    richard stager is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Help

I Just Got A 1995 Eldorado
    I Think The Man I Bought The Car Reset The Computer On This Car After A Four Week Driving The Service Light Come On And This What The Shop Has Found #27--- #36---#52---#109
    What Can Do To Get It Fix.
    I Can Sell It . I Owe To Much
    Can I Take The Man I Brought The Car From To Court?
    Or Get The Part To Fix It.
    Thank For The Help
    Rj Stager

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Re: Help

Quote Originally Posted by richard stager
    I Just Got A 1995 Eldorado
    I Think The Man I Bought The Car Reset The Computer On This Car After A Four Week Driving The Service Light Come On And This What The Shop Has Found #27--- #36---#52---#109
    What Can Do To Get It Fix.
    I Can Sell It . I Owe To Much
    Can I Take The Man I Brought The Car From To Court?
    Or Get The Part To Fix It.
    Thank For The Help
    Rj Stager

You might move this post to the Northstar section as this section is for posting DIY tech tips....

Why not just fix the car.... You bought a used car..they sometimes have problems. Nothing major here. Besides, you cannot "reset" the computer to ignore problems. If it was having a problem it would have set the codes and the service engine light would have been on sooner.

Any decent shop should have been able to tell you what the codes mean. You need to find a place familiar with the Cadillac onboard diagnostic system so that you don't get ripped off.

The 27 indicates the closed throttle switch in the idle speed control motor is failing. A new idle speed control motor is likely the fix. Use the forum search feature to search for previous posts on the subject. Type "idle speed control motor" or "ISC motor" into the drop down box and read my posts...lots of previous info on this.

The 36 indicates a sticking EGR valve. Simple fix. Remove the EGR valve and clean the pintle shaft up inside the cast passage in the base of the valve. Carbon buildup is causing the pintle shaft to stick in the seal and then the code sets. Not uncommon on a higher mileage 10 year old car. Once again, lots in the archives on this including instructions on how to do it. Search for "EGR cleaning" or "code 36" and read up.

The other two codes simply indicate a battery disconnect causing the keep-a-live memory to be reset. This doesn't erase any codes.

Good luck with the car. The most important thing to do to maintain that year Northstar is to make sure the cooling system has fresh coolant in it all the time. The coolant needs to be replaced every 2-3 years/24-35K miles to keep the corrosion inhibitors up to full strength.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.