Little update on my progress
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Northstar Engines and System Technical Discussion Discussion, Little update on my progress in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; For those of your interested and have been following, I've added a bunch of new pages since you guys have ...
    customGTP is offline PLEASE UPDATE YOUR HOTMAIL EMAIL ADDRESS. IT NEVER STOPS BOUNCING.
    Automobile(s): 94 GTP RWD N*

Little update on my progress

For those of your interested and have been following, I've added a bunch of new pages since you guys have seen it last... take a look

http://www.cardomain.com/id/94customgtp

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

haymaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Little update on my progress

Great project. Looks like you are doing a super job. N* sure is big when you get out in the open. I found that out for myself. Good luck on the project.

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Man, that is some project. Looks great. Wish I could at least be in on half of that. Finnished will be what I am waiting for, but dont get me wrong, I love the work up!!!!!
    Nice shit man.

botboy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Fleetwood Brougham 4-speed

I skimmed thru your cardomain site, looks like good quality work, I'm doing a somewhat similar project (rebuilding a northstar to drop in a truck), anyways I'm curious if you are planning on going with an aftermarket ecm or the stock unit with changes to the wiring and/or a custom chip?

Also, I see that you used the combination of a 3.8 camaro bellhousing and whatever was on the T56 together, out of curiousity:
    1) was the bell on the t56 a small block chev unit?
    2) what did you use for a flywheel/clutch combination?
    3) do you know if the t56 will bolt up to a 60 deg S10/F-body V6 bellhousing (the ones that they put T-5's behind before they started putting NV3500's behind the V6 S10's)

I'm curious especially about #2 at the cost of a chrfab flywheel thats damn expensive ($420+ shipping).

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Dude you deserve MUCHO KUDOS for that project. Bet you can't wait to be done.

customGTP is offline PLEASE UPDATE YOUR HOTMAIL EMAIL ADDRESS. IT NEVER STOPS BOUNCING.

thanks guys.. YEAH I CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE DONE!!!!

BOTBOY:
    1. A T56 has its own bolt pattern unique for the LS1.
    2. I'm using a custom made flywheel with a decent pressure plate/clutch setup
    3. Yes its a GM V6 bellhousing pattern and the S-10 bell is one of your options.

I thought it up and designed it and no fabricating it. Soon (1-3 months) to be starting it

Quote Originally Posted by customGTP
    thanks guys.. YEAH I CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE DONE!!!!

BOTBOY:
    1. A T56 has its own bolt pattern unique for the LS1.
    2. I'm using a custom made flywheel with a decent pressure plate/clutch setup
    3. Yes its a GM V6 bellhousing pattern and the S-10 bell is one of your options.

I thought it up and designed it and no fabricating it. Soon (1-3 months) to be starting it
    Are you using the chrfab custom flywheel or ?

I know the GM 60 deg V6 is an option, I currently have a bell I'm in the process of modifying.

What are you using for engine management?

oh yeah sorry.. yeah chrfab is my only option cause I dont know how to maschine the flywheel...so ill let the pro's do it.

I debated for months about the wiring. It is doable but not to the custom tuning that i wanna do. So i opted for the Commander 950 OnBoard Diagnostics setup by laptop.

oh yeah sorry.. yeah chrfab is my only option cause I dont know how to maschine the flywheel...so ill let the pro's do it.

I debated for months about the wiring. It is doable but not to the custom tuning that i wanna do. So i opted for the Commander 950 OnBoard Diagnostics setup by laptop.
    Do you have the engine harness or stock ECM left? If so would you be interested in making a deal? What year N* did they come from if so?

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

I'm impressed! Looks like you have about got this project by the short hairs. I eve left you a nice comment on your page.

Thanx Allante...

I have the stock ECM for sale, 98 STS PM me

Thanx Allante...

I have the stock ECM for sale, 98 STS PM me
    Damn, looking for an OBD1 STS Vin Y ECM, sorry....

hey man its 94 computer... if you are interested email me and I can get you numbers... not sure of Y or 9 settings though.

Soccrplayrgtp@aol.com

shookman34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wow!!!! Nice work so far....you just gotta let us know when you get it done. Didn't catch where you're from exactly...sounded like from the midwest. I just don't want to pull up next to that car by accident and decide to try to race ya

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.